Kinship

forums to discuss LOTRO

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Kinship

Post by Hammer » 01 Dec 2010, 19:02

what is minimum players for kinship? i suggest we create one called Eridani Lighthorsemen or Eridani Light Horsemen or Eridani Horsemen. The name even seems to fit the genre.

i think everyone should purchase one small thing if nothing else other than to get to premium. there are some small benefits there that just make gameplay easier. how many dollars or turbine points does removing the gold cap cost? but i actually think everyone getting MoM might be the best thing - eventually. there is just so much to do already without any expansions.

Tach can create a kinship for us and buy a house. we just need to decide where we would want the house.
Helmut

Softball

Re: LOTRO

Post by Softball » 01 Dec 2010, 23:54

I have a VIP account, so I can do anything that Tach can as far as setting things up. I believe you have to have 8 members to form a Kinship. I don't know if that includes alts or not, but if we can include alts, I think we can get one started; I'll look into it.

I just found out today that some people I played Shadowbane with back in the day are playing LOTRO, but they are one a different server (Arkenstone or something like that) and they have high level characters, so I'm pretty sure they will want to stay on that server. Bummer.

EDIT: Ok, you do need 8 members (characters, not accounts) to start a Kinship, and you have 5 days to get it formed. The cost was 5 silver and some change. I chose a "Mixed Kinship" seeing as we'll have a mix of different races in the Kinship. So, I attempted to create the Kinship, and I tried all three of the names you mentioned. The game told me that the name(s) would "not be appropriate for Middle-Earth." So I tried "Eridani Horselords", and it took the name!! So, let's get together over the next 5 days and get our characters added to the Kinship.

"Eridani Horselords"

I really like the name. :)

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 05 Dec 2010, 08:47

Elven Rune-Keeper Calenglin ready to be added to Kinship. Interesting class. Somewhat analogous to the Elementalist in Guild Wars - more specifically, an Elementalist/Monk, as Rune-Keepers have healing magic in addition to their elemental attacks.

Also - still only have three bags on my Burglar, Rune-Keeper, and Minstrel. Still says I have a Premium account, even though I got an email confirming that my Subscription has been Updated. Maybe they intend to wait until the free month from MoM is over and the first re-sub payment kicks in before granting VIP status. Beats me.
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple

Hammer

Post by Hammer » 05 Dec 2010, 15:47

no, i would contact customer service now and get them working on it. if you use turbines ticket system it actually seems to work pretty well. might take up to a few days, but they will get you straight.
Helmut