UT2004 Modding Progress

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Gator

UT2004 Modding Progress

Post by Gator » 08 May 2005, 17:20

Well, I've finished the new WOF Assault Rifle. It will kill in 2-3 shots. Slower rate of fire than built-in version. Carries less ammo. The grenades it launches don't bounce. Will kill with one headshot (pretty gruesome actually).

Also, I wrote a "Mutator" ... kinda like a set of rules. The new mutator "WOF Realism Mutator" makes the map contain no weapon pickups, starts each player with the WOF Assault Rifle, eliminates Adrenaline, Shields, DoubleDamage, and other powerups: Leaving only ammo and health (can easily mod it to remove the health also). This mutator can be applied to any game type (Onslaught with only assault rifles - although you'd have to do something about the vehicles so the footsoldiers didn't get flattened).

On the todo list:

1) Put a zoom/sighted view on the rifle
2) Write a mutator to make all the vehicle weps be "conventional"
3) mod the mutator to to allow AVRL missiles in Onslaught

Then, we can play a faux-realism Onslaught version of UT.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver

Hammer

Post by Hammer » 09 May 2005, 14:17

NICE!!!

good work.

so is there a list of weaps included in UT2004 that i can start work on to give you data?
Helmut

Gator

Post by Gator » 09 May 2005, 14:27

well, if you start up the game and go into "settings" and click on the "Weapons" tab ...

I don't have a list, but I could start compiling some additional documentation on them ...

Hammer

Post by Hammer » 09 May 2005, 17:31

let me see if i can pick a few first...then we can target some.
Helmut

Gator

Post by Gator » 09 May 2005, 17:52

The list is:

Redeemer
Ion Painter
Target Painter
Rocket Launcher
Flak Cannon
Sniper Rifle
Lightning Gun
Grenade Launcher
Minigun
AVRiL
Link Gun
Shock Rifle
Mine Layer
Bio Rifle
Assault Rifle
Shield Gun
Translocator

I will probably go after the rocket launcher and the sniper rifle next. Possibly the AVRiL - It's basically a guided rocket.

I also want to look at the weapons on the vehicles ... i want to see if I can de-power them a bit.

I tried my WOF Realism Mutator on the Onslaught game mode. I got stomped by bots in vehicles. Will also have to figure out how to build up nodes without a link gun - perhaps it builds up while you stand in a certain area. I think those are the hurdles.

So far, the language is pretty simple. It's a lot like Java -- I just need to learn the new conventions and the way the game calls the functions. It's pretty well documented -- especially at the wiki.

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master » 10 May 2005, 12:09

Nodes will build by default, link guns decrease the time.
Since all weapons can knock them out at varying degrees of speed, removing their ability to repair vehicles and nodes will seriously tip gameplay in favor of the attackers.
The Jedi Master

Hammer

Post by Hammer » 10 May 2005, 12:20

i would also say sniper rifle first, then rocket launcher...

is there a weapon similar to say a laser or blaster rifle?

can the mutator get rid of vehicles and make it an infantry game for now?
Helmut

Gator

Post by Gator » 10 May 2005, 14:44

I believe so. Will have to look into the vehicles a little - it's just the maps are so big in Onslaught. I would like it to be where there are the ground vehicles and perhaps not the flying vehicles and make the vehicle's weapons more conventional.

I think there's a shock rifle that may be similar ... I'm not terribly familiar with all the weapons - jedi ? panzer? anyone?