Read forums and come up with something to screw around with.
2) Figure out how to make our own "interface." Figure out what "ini" files need
modding to make our game come up as the default with our own little splash
screen. In this case, "our game" would maybe only be a simple map with AI
running around randomly (bots) that need to be killed. Something simple. This
would serve as the starting point/foundation for the whole deal.
3) Spend some time examining the scripts that came with the RS3 demo. They have
a rescue the pilot mission type. Figure out what they had to do to make it.
4) Create a "plagiarism" mod. This would NOT be released. This would let us
figure out all the integration issues. We could take a gun from RS3. A map that
we create. An Infiltration soldier. etc. and see about how to put all the
pieces together without worrying about skinning, modeling, etc.
5) model and skin a new weapon and add it in-game
6) create a new game type (capture VIP?)
I am working on 2, 3, and 4 already.
I have done a bit of research on modding, and everyone says to take baby steps
before tackling a big project... So my thoughts are to concurrently:
write a small mutator that removes powerups
model and skin a new weapon and add it in-game
create a new game type (capture VIP?)
create a new map (would like to see a space ship that needs boarding...)