update on my business venture

Post your stuff for sale or trade, or if you are looking to buy something. RLGaming takes no responsibility for any transactions made - use your best judgement when dealing with people.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

update on my business venture

Post by Grifter »

While things aren't going as planned, I'm having fun doing it. Guess that makes it okay. Can't find a decent supplier to cut me a break. However, I've got some promising leads now that I'm pursuing this week. May be able to set up an account with a few, including a major supplier called AENT. Most likely I'll end up dealing in used and refurbished product, but that's cool, I can still make a fair profit on those. Well, at least Christmas money. Who does'nt need extra Christmas money right? I've already made fifty bucks on my experimental postings to eBay, plan to post more this week in hopes of making another fifty, then use the capital to start buying stock. Wish me luck. If I hit the mother of all suppliers, I'll sell stuff to you guys for what I buy it for plus shipping.
:D
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Let me and Softball know about that Rise of Nations thing. Right now the game is $30 and the addon is $30. The gold version due out in the fall I would guess would be $50, so if I can get them both now for $50 or less I'll jump on it. Spending $60 now just doesn't seem worth it, so I'll wait.
The Jedi Master
Chowda

Post by Chowda »

best of luck Grif...keep up the good work!
Fly Baby Delta
Red Dog

Post by Red Dog »

Hey Grif,

I don't get to post here much, but just wanted to wish you best of luck mate.
Boy is this a machine...
Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

Grif-hope things work out.
"...and the bombs go BOOM and the walls crash down, bang, bang, boom, boom, war is a terrible thing, OK?!..."

[img]http://www.stevelanephotography.co.uk/aviation/TEMP/Area51.jpg[/img]
Softball

RoN

Post by Softball »

Grifter,

I picked up RoN and the expansion for $35 on Ebay, so please don't worry about getting it for me. Thanks for remembering though.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Really? Wow, that was a good deal.
The Jedi Master
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

SB, yeah the best deal I found for that particular game was on ebay. Not surprising. good for you!

As for my business ventures. I've been doing some refining and narrowed it down to pretty much used video games, buy and sell on ebay and I might still throw the website up for the sake of it. Anyway, it's been fun giving it a try. I lost a little money on the deal, but I gained a little as well. Pretty much broke even. I think I will sell what I've got in stock now and continue to build my contacts so that I can make a real attempt of it in the next few years. Thanks for all the support guys, much appreciated. Please do send in request, you never know, I may run across something.
Chowda

Post by Chowda »

Grif,

Got any contacts on a cheap set of CH Products Pro Throttle USB, or Pro pedals (again, USB)?

I think I've maxed out trying to keep up with keyboard commands

Alex
Fly Baby Delta
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Sorry man, I have'nt gotten into hardware yet. Mainly been doing my best business selling used software. It's been turning a small penny for me, you know, enough to feed my own gaming addiction. However, I have'nt even sold any games as of late because of our recent move. I won't be back in business until August I think.