does anyone know where I can find...

Post your stuff for sale or trade, or if you are looking to buy something. RLGaming takes no responsibility for any transactions made - use your best judgement when dealing with people.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

daofcmacg

does anyone know where I can find...

Post by daofcmacg »

I need to find a copy of ME for purchase if Micron doesn't get me a copy of it by today Dec. 16. Its been almost two weeks since I requested a copy. My copy is not working at all and I need to reinstall the OS. Yes I know I need to upgrade to XP PRO but my wife won't let me until I can move all our MUSIC(15 gigs worth almost). She dosen't trust that the music will be saved. Whatelse can I do huh once she put her foot down :lol: .

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

the same thing will happen if you reinstall ME as opposed to upgrading to XP Pro...nothing. You can do an in place upgrade, which I (and most others) would prefer a new install. But I did an in place upgrade on my laptop (no time for the new install) and it worked(s) great. Do you have a backup that you can put those files on? And 15GB? I bet you do not need to save all of it!
Helmut
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Right now convince her she dosen't need all that damn music...even though I may have exaggerated on the amount but takes up a large percentage of our hard drive(The C: drives capacity is 35 gigs). But far as the in place install, I'm not banking on that. I haven't formatted this drive in about oh since I got it two years ago so its time and I don't want to go into a new OS without that done first. Plus I think that drive maybe has six months left, not for sure but I think thats the deal. Right now I can't play any games due to several file issue's plus several other issues and they need to be replaced which they are only on the CD. I've searched the internet and I can't find a CAB file on microsoft or anyone's website. I've been thru this before and the temporary fix for right now is to reinstall the OS. Until I can find a place to store several things besides the music that is of grave importance, but I can put the other files on CD but who wants to even attempt to try and burn God knows how many music CD's.

DA
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

DA,
It sounds to me like you need your own gaming rig! Then no more corrupting the performance of your games with all that other stuff!!! Gift to yourself for Christmas??? :D
Helmut
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

1. buy a new hard drive. $60 for 60 gigs.
2. swap your present drive to the slave position
3. install new drive to the master position
4. format new drive and reinstall OS - XP, ME or whatever.
5. You will still have all your mp3's on the old drive and you can read them fine with the new drive's OS. move them to the new drive then reformat the old drive.
6. you will now have nearly 100 gigs of storage with little hassle and no loss of data.
7. this is cheaper than buying xp - your wife will love that. but later when she is happy that she did not lose her music, buy xp anyway as your reward.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I wish it were that easy Madrus, trust me I thought of that. Right now she is on that OH! We need this and that, plus this is our first christmas married. I can't even spare $60 bucks. I have a copy of XP. So she has nailed my butt to the wall with me getting a new video card a digital video camera and all my games so she says nope no more computer stuff. Yes I tried to get a new system. Man gateway got some good stuff.

3.06gig processor
512megs of memory
the latest radeon card
a kick ass soundblaster card.
2x 100 gig hdd's and a 19' flat screen.
http://www.gateway.com/home/prod/hm_700 ... tail.shtml

Man I cound't contain myself when I saw it. WOW!
but all for not! So She wants this to be a great christmas and save for a new car. The Minister of Finance has spoken and I have to be content with a machine that is out dated and needs some serious bandade work.

DA
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

Well, if you can't spend the money, you gots to spend your time. about 20 cd-rw's to back up her mp3's, then reformat and install win xp. Problem solved.............

JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I think I may have a copy of ME somewhere, will be digging out all my rubbish this week - could have a look for ya?!
Now just so you understand what I said re-read that first sentence again.......then feel free to e-mail me if you feel the need. :roll:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05