Back in the Sadddle Again!

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Back in the Sadddle Again!

Post by Hammer »

Well, anyone up for some mechy?

I got a hankering after digging around when I saw the Mechcommander 2 source was released. So I found mektech has released mech pack 2.1a and mech pack 3 for Mercenaries PR1, and mechstorm has released the High Definition patch for Mecenaries PR1 and for mech pack 2.1a, and there is a beta for mech pack 3.01. Also, NBT-HC has released for Mercenaries PR1 w/ mech pack 2.1a.

So I have installed and tested PR1 w/ and w/o HD, and PR1 w/mech pack 2.1a w/HD. I like the HD patch not so much for the graphics, but for the sounds. Some are not so great but they are at least equal to stock, and the rest add a lot to the environment. Plus the mechs in mech pack 2.1a! Rifleman!!! Many others...

I am looking at the coop missions from mechstorm as well, and will be at least playing the single player campaign. If anyone is interested I will post links for downloads and install procedures.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I have a crazy install of mech at the mo, no idea what's in it myself - have to ask the sis-in-law, she installed it for her and Kerrie to mess with. But I might have a go at this again.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Softball

Post by Softball »

Per our conversation last night Steel, I have everything currently installed.

MWM
PR1 Patch
MPack2.1a
HD patch

Finished the tutorial missions, and I am ready to attempt the Campaign. I ran the game before the 2 mod patches and I notice a difference in the detail on the mechs, objects, and sounds. I played this version of MW once or twice back when it came out in 2002, so I am looking forward to finally giving it a try.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

what do you think of the high def stuff? improvement?
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

From what I could tell in the Tutorial, definately. Let me get some campaign time in and see if it's more noticable.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

That the install above? In that order too? Okay, guess I'll try and do a dual install of some nature, and suggestions before I wipe the sister-in-law's install?
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

what are the links to all the stuff you guys are DLing to play? will see if i can get my mercs up and going again.. kinda currious to see how the HD works out.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

the HD stuff is kinda nice. you will not have to worry about c-dilla or the mech packs - this is just mercs. since you asked and seeing as what is going on over at mektech, i will upload the stuff we are using and post the links...
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

that would be great steel. im actualy realy curious about the HD patch.. my biggest beef about mercs was the look anf sound of it.. seemed realy arcade like to me. the colors a bit more bright etc.

i was looking forward to the Btech BF2 mod but it looks like they decided not to do it :( was realy a nice looking start though.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

hmm this is in par with part of the problem i had playing mercs before. but with each upgrade different results.. im running a GF 6800 GT right now, and for some reason the sides of the screen is pinched in mercs.. its realy rather odd looking lol. its playable though. ive started the campain with just mercs and PR1 installed.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

update, just found this site to get some DLs off of..

http://www.dropshipcommand.com/forum/dc ... 9240&page=
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

well i finaly found the HD patch.. think they did a great job on it. this is more of what i think the game should of been like when it was first released. at least IMO.

i rusty as hell. and probably have a harraser beat me up at this point, but im good to go. so when do you guys usualy group up for this?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

your screen being off means you are probably at a different refresh rate (60 most likely) in game than your desktop is. try something like reforce (google is your friend) to set you refresh rates for all resolutions. maybe it will help.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Dunno what meets they have planned, but if my sis-in-law don't answer me up real soon, her copy of Mech on my 'puter is walking right into file #13.
Not wanting to mess with her copy she has installed - cos she plays Mech with Kerrie, but at the same time I want to get this version installed so I can get up and running myself. :roll: Bloody women, eh?

KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Oh by the way, B-H. I have a Gainward 6800 Ultra, will check on my driver set, and let you know if I am experiencing the same problem with that install, as soon as I get it up and running.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

just copy it to another folder... hopefully she did the same when she set it up and there is a copy of stock or mw4 with PR1 in the microsoft games folder. i currently have stock, with pr1, pr1 w/mp2, pr1 w/mp2 and hd for pr2, pr1 w/hd...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Cool, so you reckon I could copy to another folder, rename, then re-install a fresh version? Or are we talking about finding a copy of original install already on the PC to play with, ala Falcon4? Cos I don't think there is much chance of her having done that to be honest. :?

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well, if there is no copy of the original folder, you will have to do the first... but from then on, yes, ala F4.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Okay cool, at least I know for future installs from this one. I'll do a clean install, copy the original folder, and put to one side, then carry on with our install. Thanx. 8)

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

if you have not got to it yet, i would update to pr1 befor making a copy... everything reuires that and it should be considered the base install.

then just to mechpak 2.1a and hd patch for 2.1a.
Helmut