www.mektek.net ?

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

www.mektek.net ?

Post by BlackHawk*K »

well i think they called it quits. for some reason you get a short message before your redirected to the nexus core. anyhow i was curious if anyone knew what was going on?
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

after looking around a bit more. all links, including downloads that are linked to mektek seem to be offline.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Found this link which has most of the patches. Gotta go back and look for this HD patch.

http://www.robbob.net/MW4MMP3.htm

You just need to install 2.1a then MP3... Just read the instructions ;)
Falker

Post by Falker »

Oh , for crying out loud ! :roll:

:wink:
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

wow... well, they had a 3.1 or so patch out. looks like some internal strife for some reason, prolly between folks that like mechy and folkd that want to make money off of it is my bet.

just checked - glad i have it already... mechpak 3.02a. if anyone wqants it let me know and i will pout it up for DL.

i have only been using mechpak 2, as the HD patch is released for it...and that is what nbt-hc uses... i have all of that and can put it all up as well. just let me know.
Helmut
Falker

Post by Falker »

Personally I think I buried Mechwarrior along with Robotech awhile back. It’s something that happened a long time ago and lives with me in my past. I’ll come back to it maybe someday in another decade or so when I’m trapped in a deep dark cave with a bunch of other refugees after a tragic nuclear holocaust , or when the sun sends a massive solar flare out into space that lashes away the earths atmosphere and causes a big tidal wave to wipe out the town below.

Everyone’s in a panic pushing their way through the cave entrance piling up against one another in the dark trying to find their way around. Lots of commotion echoing off the cave walls. Than I fire up the generator and hit the lights. The crowd looks around ...... AHHHHH……….. Than I proceed to load up the computer and hit the Mechwarrior Icon on the desktop. I’ll take a deep breath and say , “ Okay ! Now Listen Up ! “ , Who wants to play MechWarrior !

Nope I’m not being pessimistic :) , I'm just being realistic. Lately the only time MW worked for me was when I didn’t add the latest patches. And when I finally got there after all the Hype , There was no one in sight to play with except a few servers with some people that I’ve never played with before. Well don’t let me spoil your day .. I’d like to see you guys come back here with some bragging rights about the MW game the night before. :wink:

<S>
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Engages jump jets and aims 2 LBX20s and 1 LBX10 at Falker for being such a pessimist!!

I just got a saitek joystick today...so there's no turning back now...
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

:D

we'll just post some videos and Falk will he right in there with us... :)
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Jump jets? OMG! Someone will have to teach me how to use those, I've never fired-up jump jets in Mech! :shock:
Steel please post the standard we are going to start with, once I'm finished here I will be installing as soon as you can post that. My s-i-l will have to just re-install for her version whenever she wants to play Mechs with Kerrie.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Currently I have 3.01 installed and still need a link for the HD patch. Did someone say we only needed 2.01a patch and then an HD patch? I can do the install process again if needed.

I was gonna try to join a server last night but the servers were either running a new version or on old version. Either way it left me with no human pilots to shoot at.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

there is no HD for mekp-ack 3...only a beta and things are moving very slowly there.

that is why i started out with mekpak 2. i did not really see a need for even more mechs - we have plenty to mess with and figure out with just stock mechs...
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

yea i just updated to 2.1 and here is the link to the HD mod.

http://www.battletechmodproductions.com ... HDP_v1.exe
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Think I have all that downloaded already. So, I'll begin installing this evening or tomorrow .
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well....

http://www.mektek.net/forums/index.php?act=home

internal strife? BS joke? what?
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

possibly a prelude to aprils fools?

either way, im just glad its back up lol
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, I have no idea what it's all about apart from Quake 4 being mentioned. :lol: I'll content myself with dealing with our little corner for now.