NBT-HC add on

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

NBT-HC add on

Post by Hammer »

anyone played with this? Tach?

could be a consideration to add to the install. i will test it out, but need a chance to do so.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I remember recently reading some forums which related to it, just can't remember the general opinion of everyone who'd tried it. Sorry. But I'll go see if I can dig up some feedback.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

They took my beloved Dragon and stripped it of it's nimble grace and maneuverability. Bad HC. BAD.

:evil:

If you poke around in the ELH section you should find several threads about HC. It's essentially the same ol' game (can't really be anything else) with a slightly different feel/flavor.

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

latest HC patch added soe of the agility back in...

i understand it adds some balance to the game as it should be between IS and Clan? could it be that your Dragon was inappropriately nimble for its size?
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

not much really...

some here:

phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=8048

a little bit more in this one:

phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=8049

and since then quite a few releases have occured. time for a re-eval i think. i don't forsee any issues with going to this though.

anyone else? other than Tach and his dragon issue... :)
Helmut
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Steel wrote:could it be that your Dragon was inappropriately nimble for its size?
Nope. It needed that nimbleness to compensate for its limited weapon slots/locations (in a 'puretech' environment) and lack of jump jets. One of my favorite configs was 2 LBX10s and 4 Medium Lasers, which meant it had to get in there and slug it out. Usually against the hordes of Gargoyles that at one time infested the NBT open servers.

Me in a Dragon.
Crick in a CB.
Hondo in a Thor.

Ah, those were teh days!

TD

ps: I don't remember what mechs anyone else favored. :oops:
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, I haven't played properly since the GhostBear Clan add-on days myself. Wonder if the Kodiak mech is still around, LOL!!
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i like the rifleman Tach...even in its puretech form. never played a dragon - we'll have to check it out, eh? ;)
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I could do with a little guidance for a start-point mech choice - preferably something that's uncomplicated, and capable of taking a good mauling. Much as I like to think of myself as tactical, I have a nasty habit of going toe-to-toe a little too often for my own liking. :lol:

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

mech choice is generally determined drop by drop (game by game) based upon tonnage limit for the particular drop. in a planetary league, it is additionally limited by the available mechs your unit may have at that particular planet. you have to become familiar with a wide variety...although we all have our favorites and try to work it so everyone is able to pilot the mech of their choice.

i would suggest the best thing to start is to play the single player campaign...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Okay, I'll wind this up then and have a go at whatever mechs I find, try to adopt something! :lol:

Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

I dunno what this kodiak and dragon are....everyone knows there's only 3 mechs...the madcat, the cougar and the loki (okay maybe 4, but the thor is pretty similar to the loki).....more or less the ultimate mechy CTF team
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Don't know about the Dragon, the Kodiak was in the Clan Ghostbear add-on for MechWarrior 3 (or was that MW 2?) :? Anyway, that was the last time I actually put any time into MW.
Last edited by KODIAK on 07 Apr 2006, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Steel wrote:i like the rifleman Tach...even in its puretech form. never played a dragon - we'll have to check it out, eh? ;)
Rifleman with 2 LLs / 2 AC5s and anything left over applied to armor or speed = wootage.

TD
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

dude - i so agree... i have liked the look of that mech since what, robotech? they had something very similar as a ground mech only... radarX or some such?
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Not sure what I'll pilot yet. Just have a bash at a variety of stuff until something clicks, as long as it doesn't go click . . .click I should be fairly safe. :wink:

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

KODIAK wrote:Don't know about the Dragon, the Kodiak was in the Clan Ghostbear add-on for MechWarrior 3 (or was that MW 2?) :? Anyway, that was the last time I actually put any time into MW.
Oh man dont make me break out my Penetrator/Wolfhound combo and turn that clan junk into slag......er....wait thats on the table top.....nevermind
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

I went ahead and installed the MS mech packs. I can deal with C-Dilla. It ain't talkin' to NOBODY. Anyway, I got my Dragon back, and I also got... a Kodiak! Heh.

I really like Mektek's original mech, the Ares, too. Try it with 3 ERLL and jump jets for ranged attacks, or 3 LBX10s for in yer face slugfests.

Yah, the Rifleman, Marauder, Warhammer and others that may or may not be in MP3 (Stinger? Pixie?) are straight outta Robotech.

TD
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

If I find it (the Kodiak) in the available mechs, am going to have a go at it, see if it is any good. Any recommended weapons & combos for a relative noob?

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

I doubt you'll see a Kodiak in the mech lab unless ya got the MS Clan pack installed, but I'll be happy to introduce ya to mine. Heh. Heh heh heh heh.

Actually, I dunno any cool configs for the Kodiak, as I run mostly mediums and heavies. Mr Crick might have some, tho. Where are ya Mr Crick???

Here are the mechs in MP3 (maybe Hondo can confirm):

Light: Wasp, Duan Gung, Koto, Razorback, Panther, Locust IIC, Jenner IIC

Medium: Assassin II, Blackjack, Centurion, Crab, Trebuchet, Privateer,
Shadow Hawk, Reaver, Fenris, Hunchback IIC, Ursus, Rabid Coyote

Heavy: Yeoman, Catapult K2, Tenchi, Archer, Blackheart, Vulture C, Bowman,
Pitbull, Orion IIC, Vulture Mk II, Wildcat

Assault: Talos, Thug, Battlemaster, Marauder II, Warlord, Battlemaster IIC,
Supernova, Behemoth, Behemoth II

<bleep!> <bleeping!> <bleep!> NO PHOENIX HAWK <bleep!> <bleeping!> <bleep!>

TD