download problems

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hondo

download problems

Post by Hondo »

anyone know what this means

STOP : Invalid allocation, -70727478 bytes

i love this game but i hate getting it working when we start chaging things

<S> Hondo
Last edited by Hondo on 06 Apr 2006, 05:48, edited 2 times in total.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

what is changing from what you have Hondo?

what are you doing when you get that error message?
Helmut
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

OMG! Hondo posted! OMG! Hey Hondo!

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Hondo

Post by Hondo »

i started from scratch mwm and DLs

i get that when i try to boot up just after the mektek movie
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

weird...

did you install pr1 before mp2.1a?

did you try starting the game stock, then with mp2.1a installed, then with the hd patch installed? that might give a pointer about what is causing the issue...

did you delete the old mechwarrior4 mercenaries folder before reinstalling (if you had one there...)?
Helmut
Hondo

Post by Hondo »

im uninstalling everything moveing the 100s of DLs i have for MwM to a diffrent folder again and im reDLing and trying from scratch now silk told me i dont have to DL the HD stuff to play with you guys

im still on dial up for a month and dont want to spend a week DLing 200+ mgs. :)

anyhow ill let you know tonight how things go
thx steel

<S> Hondo
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

that is correct - as stated in the sticky, you do not have to have the hd patch and are still mp compatible. if it would help, i can send you a cd...
Helmut
Hondo

Post by Hondo »

ok so it boots up now to version 51.02.0002 is that right?
and has anyone tryed connecting yet cuz i cant connect to anything now on the zonematch thingy
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Hondo,
where do you see that version number? NM - found it. this only shows up in the MP screen. i thinked you missed one set of numbers. it should be 51.02.02.0002.

to clarify, you downloaded and/or installed in order:

mechwarrior 4: mercenaries
pr1 patch
mekpak21a
hdp v1 mp2.1a

you have done NOTHING with mekpak302a yet...

if you have installed properly, in the upper middle of the main menu is Main Menu 2.1a, in the upper left is a graphic for MekTek Mech Pack, and in the lower left is a graphic for HD Mechwarrior Mecernaries Patch High Definition Patch by Starfire.

i also can not connect with zonematch - i don't even know if they provide the service any more... it is probably best if we just use i.p. connections. there is a beta release on an app to browse for servers when zonematch is down - i think it is server side. i might check it out to see if it is worthwhile. but for now i think ip connections is our option.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Okay, cancel my question in that other thread. I trust you mean our own IPs though, eh?
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

depends...on what you want to connect to.

the nbt ip's are to make sure your game browser works. with our current install we are not compatible with nbt servers. that may or may not be unfortunate, i am starting a discussion on that.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Okay, cool. I trust this is to do with stopping people from cheating at a variety of levels. I have heard that cheating is a high priority for a lot of the servers, to the point of being somewhat restrictive?
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05