what version/add on do we run?

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

What version do we run

Generic Mercs: PR1
No votes
MP 2.1a
13%
MP 3.02
88%
NBT-HC
No votes

Total votes: 8

Hammer

what version/add on do we run?

Post by Hammer »

well, we have several options... i will list them and their advantages.

1) current install level, mp2.1a. this is a common starting ground for everything else.

2) nbt-hc. adds the nbt-hc mechs and wepaons and balancing to the game. also makes us nbt server compatible, which would allow us to jump into their servers to play occasionally. that would all be team vs team stuff.

3) mp3.xx. adds even more mechs and weapons than mp2.1a, including elementals and battlesuits. Tach found one server at NBT that runs this as well. not sure how busy it is.

regardless, i am setting up a dedicated server that we can use. it is at a data center as usual, so will be able to host a full boat of clients.

if you have opinions and thoughts and more data, please add it. thx.
Last edited by Hammer on 10 Apr 2006, 18:37, edited 2 times in total.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

at this point i am intriuged both by mp3 and nbt-hc. i have not loaded either up yet, so do not know specifics.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Can someone explain elementals, battlesuits please?
And I'll just go along with whatever you guys choose, I'm a bit of a noob with all this Mech stuff.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

infantry in powered armor.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

So, the little beggars can climb up the outside of your mech and drop a nade on your head - lovely!! Baton down, lock the hatches . . . . . :lol: :wink:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

Best thing for Toads....I mean Elementals is something that burns hot and clings.

That or a Medium Pulse Laser
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

I voted for MP3. Evidently it's what's running on NBT Sunder. Mission play, bay-bee! Just ask Mr Crick.

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Tach - i saw that - mission play. can you explain? is that coop?
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

i voted for 3

the main reason is, the gain of mechs etc, outweighs the nifty graphics and sounds. besides they will probably release a HD for 3 here sooner or later.

im not sure about the HC stuff. it sounds interesting, but being away for so long, im not sure what would be different or better/worse. i think we should play 3 for a bit, get used to it and then maybe see what HC has to offer.
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Steel wrote:Tach - i saw that - mission play. can you explain? is that coop?
Mission play is team vs team: attackers and defenders. The goal of the attacking team is generally to blow up the defending team's stuff - like an HQ and Comm Array inside the defender's base, often guarded by static defenses in the form of lots and lots of turrets - while the defending team of course tries to prevent the attackers from succeeding.

It's a lotta fun - which is why NBT Sunder is almost always FULL.

TD
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

i checked a bit ago. is zonematch still down?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i would never count on zonematch for mercs being up...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, in a kinda practical way, I voted for 2.1a & HD of course. mainly so we can get ourselves on a level platform, known stable start-point etc., But more than happy to move to whatever standard you guys suggest.

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Personally, the HD patch isn't that big a factor for me. I prefer to see more mech types. So I voted 3.xx.

*** Hides in Thor cockpit to avoid possible flying rocks ***
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

The HD patch is a HUGE factor for me. So huge, in fact, that I uninstalled/reinstalled everything just to get rid of it.

:mrgreen:

TD

ps: Where the heck are ya, Mr Crick???
Stache

Post by Stache »

Well, well, well, its nice to see someone talking about mechy again, even if its thru nbt. I voted for 3 however, will run whatever version you guys settle on. Would really like to get back into a mech myself. :D
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

O.K. - i will officially declare the poll closed.

we will go to mp3.02a - it was overwhelming. i will set the server to run 3.02a by default.
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

ok, will upgrade as soon as i get to it :P
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Cool, am there already. Incidentally, is there a time scale for this HD patch for 3.02a? Or are we just living in hope? :lol:

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I think I'll be uninstalling the HD patch the next couple of days. The sounds were so harsh.