Battletech

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Battletech

Post by VEGETA »

Well I don’t know about you, but Hondo and myself seam to be getting a bit back in battletech. I have not played it once I got into university as lack of time. I dropped all games. This goes for Mechwarrior, Table top or Megamek or anything else battletech related. I know Hondo and myself have been looking at doing some mechwatrrior mercenaries games in the near future. I just need to get my joystick and more specifically game CD’s down from Canada so I can play again.

I was wondering if anyone else remembers the good old days and would be interested in a few runs in the park in a Uzi or whatever mech you like.

I have also started into megamek a little bit again on a megamek campane server. I am just there for fun but have joined Dracones Combine and am remembering most rules FAST. I played a game yesterday and taught a guy that a champion may be light on armor but when its in your atlas back armor, that lbs and srm pack = dead atlas. Champion stayed behind the atlas for 2 rounds running, no other mech fired a shot at it as the other mechs he had did not have near the front armor of the atlas. But 2 rounds to open him up and hit ammo.

So who else feeling a bit of the mechwarrior bug.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Veg,

You ever play this series? http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/mec ... index.html

I have Mechcommander and Mechcommander 2, I may dig out MC2 to see if it has MP capabilities.

I believe I have all of the Mechwarrior stuff as well, and I KNOW Steel likes the MW series, so maybe he would be interested as well.

I also have Chrome Hounds for X360, a pretty good game for a console game.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

http://www.mechcommander.org/

Both mechcommander games are free now a days. I have played MC 1 but not 2. I likes the first one but I have never been one to play stragity games where what you bring into the mission is what you get. You don't build a base or new toys.

As for MW mercs, O I know Steel on this one, he has been playing mechwarroir for a long time. But would love to get some of the Old ELH guys into the cockpit again. Tho I need to break out my Uzi and whoop some assault mechs assess
Softball

Post by Softball »

I was in ELH for all of about a month. My nickname there was "Stark". PDT_Armataz_01_29

At the time I signed up, I was so busy with other games and RL. The times that you guys played I could not make. I really wanted to get into the Mech arena online, but it just never happened. I stuck with what I had time for (OFP, GR) and went from there.

Even this time around, I think time is again going to be a factor. I am currently playing CoH/CoV with you guys, EQ2 with some old Shadowbane friends, and the remaining time I play GRAW, DoW, Company of Heroes, Battlefield 2 (Which I haven't played in well over a week), X360 games, etc.. There are other games I want to play but just don't have the time, SBPPE, NWN2 to name a few.

I'll have to look and see when I'll have the time for Mech stuff. I may have to miss a Friday WOF night here and there. :\

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

huh believe it or not, i remember a 'Stark' not much else but i remember the name hehe. i would have to find my CDs again, but i think i sitll have the game installed after our last stint. ( mw mercs that is ) Mechcommander was kinda fun. i played that in league a few times. it was usualy a 2 vs 2 setup.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Well softball I am not talking playing in a leage or anything (and there is still working leages for mechwarrior 4 mercs) but jsut getting on and having a bit of fun. And maybe writing some angry letters to M$ to get mechwarrior 5 on the go, dam bastards.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i will be willing- still have netmech4 installed right now. it is for mp only, but gerneally the easiest way togo - autoupdates. nbt-hc might be the way to go as well.

i am going to be on vacation until the 18th - so maybe you all can decide what while i am gone... :)
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I am going to get my brother to get my cd's and joystick down here next weekend PDT_Armataz_01_12
RATMX

Post by RATMX »

MC2 superior graphics and it multiplays my son and i play from time to time over home lan. it plays pretty much like MC1. but much easier on the eyes not getting any younger.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

mech commander??? linky? i heard it was free dl?
Last edited by Hammer on 26 Feb 2007, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
Helmut
Falker

Post by Falker »

I was getting ready to play MC1 or 2 after finishing Ground Control again , but Supreme Commander came into play and I forgot all about it. Although I could dabble with it if you guys host one up. I think I still have it. Hmm , yeah I’m sure I got it here somewhere. PDT_Armataz_01_25
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

BTW:

http://www.mechcommander.org/getmc2.html

i would advocate using daemon tools instead of virtual clone drive...
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

daemon tools rule, if it wasnt for needing a modified exe file to play mercs i would have the cd ISOed and on my puter this moment. instead i got to try to remember where i put it :P the organized chaos theory worked ok when i was younger LOL.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i run mchy through daemn tools... i actually think if you install netmech IV or nbt-hc, the no cd stuff is included...
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

that would be awsome. will look into it steel.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

netmech still required a CD for me. I an't tried the HC yet. tho for some reason my system can't join servers on line anymore. Could last week for qa day or 2, I can see them but bitches about some network issue and well not let me join. Betting M$ well not support this issue now PDT_Armataz_01_12
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

i know that MW4 has some awfull issues with routers. you had to jump threw a few loops with port forwarding etc. and then sometimes, they torched the loops and you had to jump back threw the flaming things!

i never had any luck with my old router getting it to work. i would open the ports and then nothing would work at all. not even http. maybe with this linksys it would be easier.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

It worked fine one day then an't worked since on the same router. No idea why. NEver changed a thing, but ya I thought about port forwarding, but I have frankly been a complete lazy ass PDT_Armataz_01_12
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

mech paks are unlocked and included in nbt-hc, at least for now...

http://www.mechstorm.net/modules/news/a ... ?storyid=8
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I own mechpacks and are installed PDT_Armataz_01_12

but I still can't get back into a online game PDT_Armataz_01_09