bata signup

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

bata signup

Post by VEGETA »

Tach Deneva

Re: bata signup

Post by Tach Deneva »

Okay, I signed up for the 'bata' and reserved the name Shakalaka.

PDT_Armataz_01_42

Veg, you're always out riding that bike! When you gonna have time to mech it up?
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Gator

Post by Gator »

I signed up a bit ago and reserved the name MrGator.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

is it going to be pay to play?
Helmut
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Wikipedia says it's free to play. Trying to find that info on the actual MWO page = PDT_Armataz_01_05

So... I think it's free to play with an item shop and possibly the option to sub for extra goodies.
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

free to play. Its online only. Idea is as Tach said online store for goodies. For example they are advertising some elite packs right now with gets u some in game credits and a custom mech and such.

but its free to play and these kinds of goodies usually are not game changers or if they become one get gimped (buss remember your low 55 monk)
Oshay

Post by Oshay »

You guys getting excited for this? I've already signed up, under the tag Oshay.
You'd be surprised over on the Lyran page of the MWO forums who's crawling out from under rocks.
There's a few House Steiner guys from the old /OLD/ days showing up.

Site is http://mwomercs.com/ if you're still having trouble pinning it down.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Oshay wrote:You guys getting excited for this? I've already signed up, under the tag Oshay.
You'd be surprised over on the Lyran page of the MWO forums who's crawling out from under rocks.
There's a few House Steiner guys from the old /OLD/ days showing up.

Site is http://mwomercs.com/ if you're still having trouble pinning it down.
speaking of crawling out form under a rock, how goes Oshay
Oshay

Post by Oshay »

I'm good, man, I'm good. I miss you guys but I'm still working 2nd shift and awake during the night, so our times still don't mesh. Star Trek Online was fun until I made Admiral, and then I was like "Well, I can Raid or do PVP now, neither of which is appealing," so I went back to World of Warcraft and World of Tanks, both of which I had a lot more time and effort invested into.

I'm really excited about Mechwarrior online, though. I even bought the legendary pack today, putting my money where my mouth is, so to speak. PDT_Armataz_01_34

It's good to see you still can't spell worth a damn. "Bata", indeed. PDT_Armataz_01_22
Some things never change. PDT_Armataz_01_29
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

no, Veg will never be able to spell.

so i looked around a bit.

can i still sign up for bata/beta?

how much is this founders pack? seems there are different versions?

anyone actually playing yet?
Helmut
Oshay

Post by Oshay »

Hammer,

A very few people are playing Closed Beta. You can sign up at that link I sent you, and hope you get into the beta. It's random, though your chances go up if you buy a pack.
Still, given that something like 20,000 people have already bought a pack today, on the first day, it's still pretty random.

There are three levels of pack. 30, 60, and 120. Veteran, Elite, and Legendary, respectively.

Veteran 30 doesn't get you much. a month of premium, and 40 bucks of in game money. More than you'd get if you bought it later, but you can get it later easily.

Elite 60 gets you one premium mech, and 80 bucks worth of in game money, and 2 months of premium. You can't buy the premium mechs later. Only at launch. Or so they claim.

120 gets you all four premium mechs, and 80 bucks worth of in game money. You get 3 months of premium... and your name in the game's credits as a legendary founder. :)

The game itself isn't going into open beta (i.e all founders) until August 7th. Full 100% release will come sometime after that. Probably in September.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

the 60$ one seams the best deal. Name in credits and 3 extra mechs for 60$ more is not a great deal. the 60$ one seams the best band for the pop.

As for Beta, I have been signed up for it for 3 weeks now and its still pending :(
Oshay

Post by Oshay »

Beta's been going on for a few weeks, Veg. But it's still closed Beta, they only send out a very few keys at a time every weekend.
Given how many people have signed up for Beta, it's not surprising that you're still 'pending'. I think just about everyone is still pending. Heh.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Oshay wrote:Beta's been going on for a few weeks, Veg. But it's still closed Beta, they only send out a very few keys at a time every weekend.
Given how many people have signed up for Beta, it's not surprising that you're still 'pending'. I think just about everyone is still pending. Heh.

Ya well my bigger issue will be getting game time. Mostly stopped gaming as of late. Lack of time between other hobbies (motorcycling basically) and the soon to be wife. But hoping to get in a few hrs a week for some fun.
Oshay

Time

Post by Oshay »

Well, don't forget, the game /is/ Free to play for the most part. If you're only going to have a very small amount of time, why not just skip a founder package and play when you can? You can still have fun that way, but since you won't be into it in a big way, you really won't be missing out by skipping a package.

Plus you can use the sixty bucks you save to buy your wife bribes to let you play. PDT_Armataz_01_12
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

my fear is that the 'premium' mechs are going to rule and if you do not have one you are going to suck. what does premium membership give you?
Helmut
Oshay

Post by Oshay »

The premium mechs are identical to the prime variants of the mechs they're replacing.
So a Catapult is a Catapult, a Hunchie is a Hunchie, etc. Same weapons outfit. Same armour value. Same speed and JJs.

What is good about them, is that you get the 25% bonus C-bills at all times... and they look different. They have custom paint schemes, their outlines and profiles are slightly different.
You can look at differences between say, the stock Atlas and the premium atlas, on the website in the pics.

Also, obviously, you get them off the bat instead of having to research your way to them with XP. You're not gonna start with an Atlas at the beginning if you don't buy it premium.

It isn't going to give anybody magical Iwin benefits.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

yep as Oshay said its looks and such. Also my understanding is you have to buy mechs int he game. So a atles is a BIG ticket item. So I would pick that one as hey atles = mean looking. and you get more cbills. Thats it.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I spent 60$. Screw it i want a atles PDT_Armataz_01_41