roll call

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

roll call

Post by Hammer »

OK, let's have a roll call. respond with your callsign in MWO and if you are in a unit yet, if you biught a founders pack, what house you prefer or if a merc unit. i will update this top thread with all that respond. also, if you have an idea for a unit name that might be able to use RLG, please share. :) other ideas are also fine.

Hammer - Hammer RLG - no unit - free player - merc, but whatever everyone else wants as a majority will do as well.
Helmut
Hammer

Re: roll call

Post by Hammer »

words that start wth an R:
Red
Royal
Ragtag
Ranger
Rattlesnake
Redoubtable
Regal
Regiment
Renegade
Rebel
Reptilian
Republican
Rogue
Romulus (planet in Lyran Commonwealth)
Ruthless

words that start with L:
Lance
Lancer
League
Legion
Leopard
Life
Lite
Line
Lion
Lord
Lost
Loyal
Loyalist
Lucky
any cool planet name that starts with L

words that sart with G:
Guard
Group
Griffins
Grunts
Guardians
Guild
Guns
Gendarmerie

so some things like:
Red Lion Guardians
Royal Legion Griffins
Rogue Lost Guns
Republican Legion Guard

Or, since several historical members have a tear in their eye :) for the Lyran Commonwealth and associates:

(1st through 36th) Royal Lyran Guards

also, if you know any history:

a world called Lyons in the Federation of Skye, which is the area of the original Lyran Alliance. the 12th Star Guards had their home base on Lyons, and then the Kell Hounds. Both are mercenary units.

a world called Glengarry in the Federation of Sky as well. home to the Grey Death Legion.

something could be done with those planet names.

Royal Lyons Guard
Rogue Lancers, Glengarry (GDL)
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

GT_Hawk house I could go merc, Stiner, Davian, and Draconous combine
Bought the founders pack, Elite founder, got a atles out of it

So far with the MC from the founders pack I did pick up Yen-Lo-Wang. And from founders I picked the atles as its a expensive mech to buy.

As for unit names not sure to be honest. Let me think that over
Last edited by VEGETA on 01 Nov 2012, 06:08, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

no help on a unit name? or do you not want to form a unit?
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I bought the Veterans pack in closed Beta. I have worked up 3 Catapults to Eliete status. My 6 Streak2 Cat is Deadly with Pinpoint! I also have a Raven, cause they are just so cool looking. Has a large EX engine, runs at 109kph, has TAG. Couple streaks and medPulse.

Why not just RLG, and never tell anyone what it stands for? hehe

Or...
Red Leg Griffons Royal Lost Garrison Regent Loyal Guard

<Salutes!

General Bronurstomp (retired)
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

umm, you sir are no longer retied! :)

Red Leg Griffons is pretty cool. ;)
Helmut
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Really Lumpy Gravy
Roar Like Godzilla
Rambunctious Little Gentlemen
Red Light Grandmas
Redundantly Legit Gastropods
Rehab, Lady Gaga
Raking Leaf Guys
Remarkably Lifelike Guests
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Tach, you're as funny as ever heh.

So now that we have a decent number gathering. Lets get the band back together!

All in favor of "Red Leg Griffons" post here please. Other serious suggestion as well. I'm not particularly versed in battletech lore, so if anyone is, and has a good idea as to a unit name for a merc squad with the initials RLG, please post it.

So far I have in my friends list IN MWO GAME:
Hammer RLG
Slamhammer
Biobod
Malino (Malin joined 'Eridani Light Pony' merc unit). He says the Russians have taken over ELH. Ok, so then we will be RLG this time.

Please post your screen name used IN GAME for MWO here so I can send an invite.
I know it's easy to just launch when you get the game running, but try to click the SOCIAL button and accept invites.
So far I have been able to group only with Malin and drop into battle. We did not have comms set up, so it was just ok.

Hammer, you said something in a message to me about a Teamspeak server. Are we going to use TS3? Can we put you in charge of comms then?

Let's gear up gentlemen. There are planets to be won!

<S> General Bronurstomp PDT_Armataz_01_41
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

BTW my in game username is Bronurstomp.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

why not just be ELH again as a merc unit as mercs will exist in here. That way we can play for whatever faction we wish to.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i have read a couple of things like the well known merc units will not be allowed in game, but not sure. and there is in fact an ELH unit already, and there is that ELP thing. (ugh). i was hoping to tie RLG to a unit name (that makes sense) to possibly attract a larger crowd that we will inevitably need for a decent merc unit, and maybe bring new people into our humble group.

if i could, i would prefer Wolf's Dragoons or Grey Death Legion! :)

Comms are handled, don't really need anyone in charge unless/until we get newbs that know nothing about it. since we have a TS3 server up and running i think we should use that. the server info is in the Servers subform, if anyone cannot see it they should let me know or send me a PM for the server info. download the latest TS3 client from teamspeak.com
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I'm willing to join an established group like GDL. I believe one of the original creators of M3L is there (not sure the name). I'm hoping we will get to be involved in some major role playing, like what we did in M3L, where the year was spent warring for control of planets, with a finale at the end for control of the galaxy. ELH played a huge role in that epic! Great fun in the chat rooms made it that much more interesting. I have some of the text archived somewhere. It still makes me laugh.
I've been on all day, sneaked my laptop to work, I saw no one all day, not even this evening. You guys dropping? Tach I tried sending you an invite, no joy. What's your log in name in MWO?

<S>
Bron
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Tach is Shakalaka.

Hmmm, i meant be GDL. but i guess there is one already. maybe not that important right now, we just need to get people on at the same time and dropping as a group so we can practice.

i am currently grinding to get some money to buy a mech or two.

i have sent an invite to everyone who has posted, those that have not accepeted probably need to send a frind invite to me - it will not let me send another. same with Bron. unless you might just click the social button in the bottom right and see if someone has invited you. but it actually seems like not that many people are actually playing.
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I think we'll find that any decent named groups already exist. So it might be our best bet to join an established team, and sort of be our own little group within the group. That's why I suggested GDL (Deaths Hand).
This is relavent: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/31253- ... t-for-now/

And so here is the Deaths Hand Brigade:

http://www.deathshandbrigade.net/

Just a suggestion.

<S> Bron
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Yay I just found my old team mate Slayer.... goes by Aeross in MWO. We dropped twice and won them both... I been loosing all day up untill then lol.
Was great fun, just like old times.
I'll be on for a while this evening.
<Salutes>
Bronurstomp
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Bron,
see if you can get him over here. I do seem to recall a Slayer in ELH, not sure though.

hehe, NM. I see he registered today!
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

Softball
MWO Name: Staark
Unit: None
Founder: Yes, Legendary Founder. I have all (4) Founders Mechs.
Prefer: Merc Unit, but flexible with the rest of the group.

"Red Leg Griffons" has a nice ring to it, probably won't see anyone else with that name; put me down as a YAY for Reg Leg Griffons. If we do go with this name, we HAVE to paint one of our Mech's Legs Red. Would look damn sweet IMO. I Lol'd at the names Tach suggested, too funny.

My MW experience goes back to the MW2 and MW3 days. I've had very little time in MW4, so I am a bit on the rusty side as far as running a mech. Gonna take some time to get back into the saddle again. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone in game. I received/accepted invites from Veg, Slamhammer, and Hammer so far.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

nice. Staark/Softball has some friends through work playing as well. i say we try to do our own group, i we cannot we can always join one of the houses.

i do believe you will eventually be able to put your own decals on your mechs at least, not sure about camo/paint.
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

Thanks for joining me online Hammer for the 2+ hours last night of MWO goodness. I Had a blast relearning this beast. The controls are a lot more simplified than the previous MW games, or at least it seems that way. I had a blast, literally, running around and flame torching units causing them to overheat in mid fight. It doesn't always work, but I had the 3rd highest score on one of the matches last night because of it.

We went up against some pretty organized teams last night, and most of them were Founder accounts, hence the yellow flags next to player names. One team was Atlas heavy, and man they wiped the ground with us. No matter, had a lot of fun. Until next time...

FYI: I sent a friend invite to Oshay as Staark. If you get the invite, that be me.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I posted some of this in another thread, but here goes again. :)
MWO call sign: Aeross (previously Slayer on M3L)

Found out about MWO AFTER they stopped the founders program so no founders pack. I'd prefer a merc. unit, but above that would prefer to stay with my old school buddies. As far as an RLG unit name ... i'll have to think on that one.
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9