roll call

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Re: roll call

Post by VEGETA »

Since Hondo never looks at the fourms I figure I will do this for him

MWO call sign: H o n d o
Ya he had to put spaces in the nick.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

please tell Hondo to check the forums. ;)
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Hammer wrote:please tell Hondo to check the forums. ;)
I think I could get my PM's at the office to actually do there job (they blow) before I will get Hondo on the forums.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i tried to add him in the MWO forums last night and could not find the username. is there s space in front of the H and after the o as well?
Helmut
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

OK, OK, OK,....Slamys here we can start...hehe
MWO Name: Slamhammer
Unit: None
Legendary founder
Unit: Merc but will do what my friends here do

I like RLG for name..Since we left NBT the russians took over ELH and ELP well I rather have our own ID..own personality which we already have. so we renforce that and whats in a name change as long as the foundation is the same which it is....I say ( 1st RLG Task Force ) because we mixter of different units comming for a 1 reason and we are now more connected with RLG then anything and we are the 1st....So.....what do you think..
1st things 1st as Hammer has indicated we have to place each other in our friends list...start shaken the trees see if some of old crew start falling out and get them involved....
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Slamhammer you old salty dog! Great to hear from you man.
PDT_Armataz_01_14
I agree with what you said. The name doesn't matter much to me either, as long as we can all get together and blow up stuff as a team. I do like the idea of being an ELH regiment, if we can get away with it. And if we can also incorporate our new name, Red Leg Griffons of the 151st for instance? That would be cool, that way we can tag ourselves as RLG_Name or something like that. I heard they are going to allow some name changes.
Perhaps we can have a rank insignia as part of it, like RLG_PRVT_Name, RLG_LT_Name, or RLG_SGT_Name, etc...?
Malin has joined the ELP unit... he is Malino on MWO. I played a couple drops with him. He helped me outfit my Raven. He's still a good wingman.
I think I have all you guys in my list. Slam, I just missed you the other day. Slayer and I have had lots of games together. Me and Hammer have had a few as well. We had 4 at a time a couple times, and that was loads of fun. They need to fix the CTD bug.
So, yeah lets keep going forward. We should start working on our rank structure soon also huh? Perhaps when they "go live" with the game, we can all start out as Privates, and figure out an advancement strategy in our group, or if they have something already figured out for the game, we can use that. For now, I would say we are all Veterans? I am already starting to think in terms of Bronurstomp as my old roleplaying character in the M3L. Maybe we can start a separate thread for roleplay only posts?
Warm regards,

Randy, aka Bronurstomp
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i do not think we can put rank in names or even RLG. at least not now. there is no mechanism to change names in the forums or MWO - unless i missed it?

for instance, i am stuck with Hammer RLG as far as I know unless I want to start all over again and try to come up with another callsign. and those that will buy or have bought will definitely not want to start a new character.
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Hammer wrote:i do not think we can put rank in names or even RLG. at least not now. there is no mechanism to change names in the forums or MWO - unless i missed it?

for instance, i am stuck with Hammer RLG as far as I know unless I want to start all over again and try to come up with another callsign. and those that will buy or have bought will definitely not want to start a new character.

I believe the devs have said they will add unit tag ability later on. In one of the ask the devs posts.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

What i've been considering is using "Aeross Starfury" as my character name and "Slayer" as my call sign, obviously right now only known by this group... Now ... once the devs implement tags, then that could all change, however, right now that is how "play".
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

Ok so I got booted up and got some drops in last night with some of the crew...........

MWO Name: Buffalo Six
Unit: None
Legendary founder
Unit: Merc is fine as long as we dont align with Liao (asshats) or FWL (whack-a-doodles with forehead tats). I'd lean more to Davion or if they have it Fed-com,but Davion, DC, or Steiner are cool.
Oshay

Post by Oshay »

Apparently people have been messaging me using the in game MWO chat for quite some time now. And here I didn't even know there was a bloody in game MWO chat. All those flashing golden bars around people's names is finally explained...

at any rate, I ended up in a drop with Veg completely by accident tonight, and he told me that people had been messaging me and that I needed to stop being a hermit and shit, so I got the RLG teamspeak info saved, and I hopped on and chatted with him for an hour.

I've been dropping just about every night, with the guys from the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces Communications Hub.
There's people on the Steiner Comms at most every hour of the day, and they're good peoplem good crew. There's already several Regiments registered with the hub, including the 3rd Royal Guard run by Kildare's old XO Starkiller, who goes by the name of Nirgali these days.

Once you guys come up with a name for your unit, you can sign up on the Hub with your unit, and communicate with the leaders of other regiments and Merc Units that are planning to be affiliated with House Steiner.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

Starkiller? really.....and where is Kildare..........holy crap........I'm really old
Oshay

Post by Oshay »

Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I'm working at getting my bro. and one of my friends online to play. They both have the client DL'd, trying to get them onto RLG so we can get them signedup. In the mean time, add:

serpentore - my bro
Kakur - RL friend
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Got another potential recruit on the way. Add Riddlebox85 ... I've directed him to the website also.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

nice
Helmut