M3L reunion

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Slayer

M3L reunion

Post by Slayer »

So I was in a match, wasn't paying attention at all as to who was on my team until I go wacked and realized I was watching Bronurstomp. I figured it had to be my old ELH buddy from back in the Kali / M3L days, but by the time I got one word out to him the match was over. So I shot him a friend invite, we chatted and he told me some of the guys from M3L were gathering here and I should go sign up. Soooo here I am!

I played Slayer on Kali / M3L currently playing Aeross on MWO. I initially ran with TWolf in Nova Cats, we picked up Bron at some point and then eventually Bron and I (and others) ended up in ELH ... It's been so long I forget the exact events, but I do remember we had a blast! Looking forward to hook'n up again. PDT_Armataz_01_37

~Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Bronurstomp

Re: M3L reunion

Post by Bronurstomp »

<Salutes>
Slayer you old dog! It was just like old times dropping with my wing, and beating the crap out of the other clueless teams. It's going to be hard calling you Aeross... but hey as long as it's my mad MW skillz bud, I can deal. You are as deadly as ever!
I am slowly working my way up in cbills, and spending them just as fast experimenting. I have to say, this time they did a decent job of balancing things. I haven't seen much yet that dominates in every situation. Those fast Jenners are an annoyance, but a couple good shots to a leg tames them down. The one thing I have found to be careful about, since I have 3 Catapult builds, is that the Atlas pilots seem to have found a weakness in the Catapult, as I have gotten my head blown off on several occasions, watching as the only damage to my 'Mech as it explodes is my cockpit. So if your in a 'pult, aim high on the Atlas, and turn away when not firing. If he gets a shot down at your head, it's a two shot death.

On a different note, and more to the point of this subject, it does seem that there are more and more of us appearing on the radar. The question is, where do we go from here? We need to figure out what type of organization we are going to be. I doubt it will be worth starting up our own unit, as there are already so many out there. But I'm not against that, if someone takes charge, and does all the leg work. It seems Steel, aka Hammer RLG, has gotten a lot in place for us already with this website, and his TS3 server.

Perhaps the next thing to do is start figuring out when we can meet. So lets start by voicing when we can be available for gaming, training, loitering, or whatever we decide to do as a group. I would love a real time chat room as we had in Kali. Some of the most fun I had there was in the chat rooms, role playing and joking around.

So as for me, I am available most days during the winter, except for those long excruciating hours spent at work Mon - Fri 8-6 Eastern. Any time on the weekends.

I also like Aeross idea of posting his machine stats. Luckily for me, my sweety pie of a GF bought me this kick ass gamer laptop for my birthday.

Bron PDT_Armataz_01_40
----------------- -ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. System Model: G55VW Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M (2G Vram) Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Monitor Model: E371VL Monitor Id: VIZ0070 Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz) Output Type: HDMI
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Mondays are out (daughters indoor soccer), Wednesdays are questionable (we watch Survivor ;P) and Fridays are usually questionable. Other then that feel free to pick me up!

You can add me as a friend in MWO by using either Aeross or shawne090@gmail.com :)
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Steel, er Hammer, can you put the Ts3 info up here or someplace easy to find?
Thanks

Bron
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Bron,
can you not see the Srvers forum? if you go to the board index, and look for servers (as opposed to general discussion, battletech/mechwarrior, etc.).

or see if you can get to this link:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=763

i do not want to make it publicly viewable, it is our server for our use.

Slayer,
that is exactly how I ran into Bron a couple weeks ago, in a drop.

welcome back to the fold. ;) we just gotta get the others to be a bit more consistent in their visits.

Hemmer
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Starrk/SB and I did some drops last night. I think he is up to speed now, or at least competent.
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

Yea, I'm good to go for sho. Just need to find the time to play between work and all the other games I have going on right now. Argh!

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Softball wrote:Yea, I'm good to go for sho. Just need to find the time to play between work and all the other games I have going on right now. Argh!
Second that
Got on last night and another night and no one was on. Time is been a real pain for me as of late

That said I am having a blast in the pugs. My Yen-Lo-Wang keeps getting upgraded to be even more survivable.