MWO Nov 6 Patch

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bronurstomp

MWO Nov 6 Patch

Post by Bronurstomp »

Hails Mechwarriors,

I was able to drop into a few maps last night after the patch.
My first impressions were that terrain details seem a bit crisper.
I liked the snow in the newly skinned forest map, along with the shipwreck in the river... good cover position to fire from.

There's a virtual white out condition at the bases in the frozen city map. There's also a new structure at the bases, I'm assuming so you are not completely exposed to LRM fire while defending.

The blooming, glowing of armor when hit has been diminished considerably, to the point of not really showing up. Might be gone altogether?

Weapon damage has changed considerably. Streaks got nerfed really bad. Close up they kind of suck now. At mid to long range, they seem to converge properly, but close in they scatter and even miss!

LBX10 confused me. I have one on a Wen Lo Wang, with 2 med lasers, and he kicked ass. But then I have 2 LBX10s on a Catapult, with 2 med lasers, and he didn't seem to be very effective. Could be a matter of support fire from other mechs, but that doesn't feel like it made that much difference. Maybe we can do some testing of our own?

Pulse lasers don't seem to crit like they used to. I have a 7 MEDPulse laser Awesome that was devastating up close, now he gets his arms blown off long before I get crits, or so it seems. Previously, three or four alpha strikes to a heavy mech would destroy it. I haven't been able to last long enough to hit much more than that yet.

LRMs have been OverPowered (OP), in my opinion. Several volleys of LRM20s will shred a heavy mech, and they also seem to arc higher, doing more cockpit damage. I have a Catapult with 2 LRM20s but before I got to test it much, some whacko named madscotsman decided to team kill me. Still haven't figure out that guy's problem.

Unfortunately I didn't do any real performance measurements in the previous patch, so I can't compare numbers such as frame rate etc. I did not know about the F9 key, apparently gives your FPS? Can anyone confirm this? I just learned about it in the forums, and I'm at work, so I wont be able to try it out until this evening.

I look forward to any feedback. And don't forget, this is still Beta, so report your findings in the appropriate forums.

<Salutes>
Bron PDT_Armataz_01_41
Slayer

Re: MWO Nov 6 Patch

Post by Slayer »

Didn't make it on last night due to exploding head syndrome and election rubbish. Hopefully tonight the bells in my head will quiet enough that I can go out and bust up some mechs, so keep an eye out for me. At least until 8'ish ... I think "Survivor" is on tonight which is one of our family kinda things. /shrug .. should be on for a little while though.
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Slayer wrote: I think "Survivor" is on tonight which is one of our family kinda things. /shrug
Go, Malcolm.
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

the one thing that makde me realy happy was the lasers being fixed in head. Ie lots of the small laser builds may not be so viable. the other item I liked was the ac20 head reduction. I am having so much fun with ac20 on my Wang (Wen Lo Wang, get your mind out of the gutter) that this makes me happy. Been modifying the mech to have double heat sinks, and want to run 2 pulse lasers on it as well.

The LRM thing, never thought they where overpowered, but they fixed the hit box meaning weapons are not more deadly so to speak. IE more accurate including LRM's. so I expect that is where the lrm boost comes from.

LBX has never been considered a great weapon in this game as the spread is not great. They have tightened the spread a lot so it is a lot better. but its a close range weapon at best. Would take a ac10 over a lbx10 at the moment.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yah lrm's are just killing it right now.
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

So there is a spot in the forest colony, by the corner of culvert and cement pipes where you can get stuck. If you hit F9 and watch the coords, its precisely at 2550, 1980, 146. DON'T step there! If you do, the only way to get unstuck is for a larger 'Mech to push you off that spot. It happened to me again today. Luckily, a fight came past me, and I got shoved free. Until then I cold not move in any direction.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

did you submit a bug report?

i also crashed last night when i wasa playing. the game just exited, not warning, nothing. is that what happened to you yesterday Bron?
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Yup.

Well... it's Nov 20th and I just checked and it looks like the server's down (1:20pm) for a patch! WOOT!

I'm eager to see what get's fixed!
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

or Borked...........
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

no, patch is due today. new mech, Cataphract, amongst other things.
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Hammer wrote:no, patch is due today. new mech, Cataphract, amongst other things.
Woo its patch-mess :)
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Downloading the patch now. 111.67 megabytes...
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

So a 70 ton JJ capable mechy... I smell a PPC Gaus jump sniper.
The rest of the things look to be incremental. I like that idea. Changing too much at once is always problematic.
Still downloading. I'll fire it up once I get home after work. I'm glad I brought the laptop in with me so it can download while I work. hehehehe
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

it would appear per the forums that its a 70 ton JJ sniper with a glass jaw, they are saying its a insanely easy to head kill them..........lol perfect for a damn Laio mech
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Buffalo Six wrote:it would appear per the forums that its a 70 ton JJ sniper with a glass jaw, they are saying its a insanely easy to head kill them..........lol perfect for a damn Laio mech
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Cataphract
Well origionaly designed by Liao but the 4th sucession war happaned and the Davions took them over. Took Liao a while to get many PDT_Armataz_01_36

I am interested in making a few varents of this mech. Being merc, I can say I stole it from Liao
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Buffalo Six wrote:it would appear per the forums that its a 70 ton JJ sniper with a glass jaw, they are saying its a insanely easy to head kill them..........lol perfect for a damn Laio mech

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/75334- ... ad-hitbox/

looks liek its beign fixed NOW
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Another MWO patch. Dec 4th 2012. Seems like they are back to once a week.
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

8 vs 8 and ECM on assault mechs.....watch out going have 8 atlas sneeking up and saying high....kinda wish they would limit ECM to Lights and Med...