drops today

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

drops today

Post by Hammer »

today we had 3 and sometimes 4 people in a group dropping together. finally we are getting this going.

the limit is 4 right now, until they roll out phase 2 of the matchmaking.

it would be great if everyone was on teamspeak though. gotta see if we can get Slayer (Aeross) on teamspeak, and his brother to get signed up here. :)
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Re: drops today

Post by Bronurstomp »

Everyone,
Happy Veterans day. Many kudos for you Vets.

Yes team speak would help with my poor typing skills. But even so, it was really fun dropping with you Red Leg Griffons!

I have a new favorite 'Mech. A Raven 3L with XL270 engine; runs at 125Kph, has 2 streak2s, 1 medpulse and a ER large laser gives it a rated firepower of 25. Man talk about a heat management challenge! All 8 exp slots are enabled.
It makes a great scout, and does decent damage in a fight. I can snipe with the Er large laser, and either run away when approached, or close in for a killing strike. It really excels at defending against lights 'Mechs that like to harass Assaults, or attack the base.
I named it "Nasty" hehehe
<S>
Bron
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I have everything setup for TS. I told Bron. my biggest concern is I don't have a headset and my kiddos are not accustomed to colorful language. Anyway, i'll work on getting my brother signed up. I'm not sure yet how much he'll play, he's still engrossed in Diablo 3.

btw, had a blast dropping with you guys. Beat this mornings massacres I was in. :(
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I am on TS now lol
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

nice Veg. :P

Slayer,
we generally do not use colorful language. my sites are strictly family rated, that includes these forums and teamspeak. at least when i am around. Hudson, being a former Marine, is still in training in this aspect. :D

i think people can try to keep their language in check, i have let people know before that there are others within earshot of speakers (i also do not use a headset generally). i think you will be OK.
Helmut
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Even still, I don't think I'm in the habit of too much colorful language on comms. There's a reason I use press-to-talk PDT_Armataz_01_22

Besides the wine instructions for MWO leave a lot to be desired as of yet. And it doesn't do any better on Windows 8 to be honest (you can't actually install it via wine, you have to copy it over from windows which is why I tried), so for the time being I'm out of luck on MWO.
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Marigold! Heliotrope! Burnt Umber! Chartreuse with periwinkle polka dots!
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

now that is colorful language. i think you are going to be banned from TS. :D
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Actually managed to get in some games with Bronurstomp and some with Hondo. I also have seen oshay online but he dose not seam to respond to my messages in game.

And to toss it off I found someone names SVG223 or close to that night. Its actually a friend of mine in my motorcycle group, and he ended up in same drop as Hondo and myself. so might see if he is in a group or not.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Excellent! Now I just need to catch some of you guys online. I sent some friend requests out last week (i believe) not sure if anyone gottem or not ..... or who i even sent them to for that matter :P
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9