unit name

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Re: unit name

Post by Hammer »

OK, i will update the first post with the data so far.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

How about:

19th Striker Regiment Lost Guard
19th Striker Regiment Life Guard
19th Striker Regiment Lost Guardians

fits into the story line, i can create some fiction around it for background. basically descendents of the 19th Striker Regiment troopers are my thoughts. small (company size) unit directly attached to ELH command.
Helmut
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

RLG or ELH sub unit...will work for me....or combine them....151st Lighthorse TF RLG
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

19th Striker Regiment Lost Guard sounds interesting. Could be some interesting story behind it.
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

OK, this seems to be good. Bron, Slam and I were on together tonight and put some discussion into it. Much easier in real time.

19th Striker Regimental Guard

19th Striker RLG, 19th Striker RegimentaL Guard
or
19th Striker RlG, 19th Striker Regimental Guard
Helmut
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Sounds great! If you want to get RLG in there then the top one is clearly the choice, otherwise it gets lost in the second one.
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

the other that i like is 19th Striker Regiment Life Guards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_Guard ... d_Kingdom)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_Cavalry

there were many countries that had Life Guards.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

updated first post with more info.

only two people have voted?

and sorry to the two that voted for option 1. i added a poll option and it looks like it wiped your votes. ugh. :(
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i also ran into some stuff that had some creative and not so creative new units for a BT based game:

http://kbeaudo.wix.com/wcgcbt#!__units
Helmut
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

I just had another brainfart.......if we align with House Steiner (and that where some of us came from before ELH) we could grab one of the Royal Guards name and tweek it a little, # Royal Lyran Guards

Just a thought........
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Buffalo Six wrote:I just had another brainfart.......if we align with House Steiner (and that where some of us came from before ELH) we could grab one of the Royal Guards name and tweek it a little, # Royal Lyran Guards

Just a thought........
I like that one actually. Grab it while we can?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

do we want to align with Lyran Commnwealth? actually at this point it is Federated Commonwealth, LCAF, under the umbrella command of the AFFC.

that means no merc though, right? unless we get betrayed/mad/whatever and leave - ala Hammer's Slammers. :D

most everything i find is NNth Lyran Guard. there were 14 Regiments of Lyran Guards.

but here is the sarna wiki page on the RoyaL Guards:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Royal_Guards

I would suggest 3rd or a 'secret' 4th.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i found a treasure trove of BTech books. according to the Field Manual: Comstar ELH was actually working for Federated Suns just prior to the junction of Federated Suns and Lyran Commonwealth into the Federated Commonwealth. They left Steiner employ due to incompetence in Sr Leadership. I have other things to go through to see what ese I can dig out.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

AND, if you want to look, here are a bunch of canon merc units that might give some ideas:

http://camospecs.com/Faction.asp?ID=169
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

nothing else? and no more votes?

turns out there is a street around my locale somewhere (don't know, never heard of it before these furniture delivery guys stopped me while i was running and asked where it was) called Black Horse Road.

fortuitous?

Black Horse Regiment or Battalion (I know, no RLG)?
Helmut
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

I think we need to see how factions and teams develop.....seems we are putting the cart on top of the horse or something lol
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

A good team name is meaningful, but we have plenty of time to hash it out. Although there is no hurry, we just need someone to decide heh. Whatever it is, as long as no one activly objects, like THAT ever happens, then we should be golden with whatever you pick.
RLG, we could just be RLG. Let people wonder what it means. But since we had SOME discussion about the one in the poll where you had 2 pos and 8 abstentions./
And I hope I do not become the most active forum member hehe. You guys are great on comms, but late at night, which here means after 9pm, because my lady sleeps in this room, I wasn't abe to use it. I will look at moving the system downstairs where I HAD it until some one mentioned it would be better for watching TV downstairs.... anyway. Since it's a laptop I can perhaps be on comms later in the evening.s
Going to put something in stats forum.

<S>
Bron
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

cart in front of the horse! and there we go with horses again. :)

turns out the 11th cav is the Black Horse regiment. i knew i had heard of it before.

my opinion is how factions shake out do not matter, unless we plan/want to be in a faction? otherwise we are merc. i also think if we choose an identity we will gel sooner, start playing more together (good benefit there), as well as be able to attract potential new members. now, i do not want too many. a few would be nice. we should be picky.

plus it is fun to figure out what you want to do. if we discuss and vet the options now, we are actually narraowing down what we want to in the long run. of course like BUff said, no rush.
Helmut