MegaMek

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Slayer

MegaMek

Post by Slayer »

Not sure how many of you played the Battletech, but for those that have and haven't seen this yet you might check it out. Its basically an "unofficial" java port of the table top.

http://megamek.info
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Tach Deneva

Re: MegaMek

Post by Tach Deneva »

Been a while since I played it, but yeah, Megamek is about as close to the actual Battletech board game as you're gonna get in a video game. If you've never played Battletech, you owe it to yourself to see where all this stuff came from. Now, you could go out and buy all the books and a bunch of minis only to discover that figuring out the number you need to roll on 2d6 for your large laser to hit that Phoenix Hawk 10 hexes away that just jumped 6 hexes into Heavy Woods behind partial cover after your mech ran into depth 1 water is not your thing, or you could try Megamek.
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I've been itch'n to break out the figurines again. Just need to find some locals to "mech mash" with. ;P
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

done a lot of megamek and also the mekwars campane. Would love to play a game time time IF i have time