unit paint scheme

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

unit paint scheme

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Not sure (depends on how its done)
No votes

Total votes: 4

VEGETA

unit paint scheme

Post by VEGETA »

Well the ability to paint up your mech just arrived. Some colors cost MC while others just cost cbills. There is also the patterns which a paint sceam is applied to idea. Again some can be had for just cbills. So if we decide to come up with a unit color scheme I would push for it to be only using cbills so no cash is needed so to speak.

So I have not had a chance to play with this but something that stands out would be my preference. But think it could be a fun idea. that said I also realize you have to grind for cbills so if we come up with a setup we like its also not a requirement. Ie rather people get mechs and weapons over pain jobs. but hey figured toss out this idea and see what happens.

Here is a link to what others ahve done so far. I have to admit they did a nice job with the paint system
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/78024- ... amo-specs/
Hammer

Re: unit paint scheme

Post by Hammer »

while i want one, i am a free player. that means i cannot get any paint scheme without paying something. maybe i will have to wrangle a 6.95 MC purchase somewhere. you can only buy paint schemes (more properly known as camo specs) with MC from what I have read.
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Hammer wrote:while i want one, i am a free player. that means i cannot get any paint scheme without paying something. maybe i will have to wrangle a 6.95 MC purchase somewhere. you can only buy paint schemes (more properly known as camo specs) with MC from what I have read.
I thought some colors where cbill available and such IE we would have to stick with what they called basic colours o free to play people can get in on this. I do not want to make it a cash thing if possible.

the next though is what colors. Ie what are the elh paint sachems. I am not interested in making it exact to them but keeping with colors in elh might be a idea. just a place to start.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

Cost
Players can expect to pay for Patterns, Colors, and Cockpit Items with MechWarrior Credits (MC) for the most part, with prices starting at 125 MC. Every BattleMech comes with at least one FREE default pattern, and there are 5 colors that can be applied using C-Bills (CB) only. The same general pricing applies to Cockpit Items as well.

Promotional Content
Many of you are currently enjoying some of MWO’s free content in the form of the PC Gamer pattern and Coconut Monkey bobblehead, or NVIDIA’s Dawn bobblehead. Expect to see more of these free promotional items in the future.

Achievement Content
As part of a larger plan to reward players for earning specific milestones or achievements, you can expect to see some great rewards coming online during the coming months.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I'm all for a unit paint scheme! Would prefer to keep it in the free range for now as I have yet to buy some MC. Love the idea though!
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Just found this which sucks a little because I run hunchies. I couldn't figure out how to use the camo specs ... this is why heh:

"Pattern Availability

As mentioned in the previous posts, not all patterns are available for all Mechs. See below.

The Commando, Hunchback, Dragon, and Awesome will not be able to enjoy the full benefits of Camo Spec until December 18th. The delay is largely due in part to converting the older textures to the new system. Each texture takes around 5 days to convert. The benefit, the new textures are way cooler."
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I'm not too concerned about camo or jangles in my cockpit. But if we go with team colors, we have to make sure we don't stand out too much either. I do'nt want to be the guy with red legs that everyone on the enemy is shooting at.
It looks like the choices are going to be pretty limited though, none of it is free so we can wait. I would go with something as dark as possible, I don't want to accent the features, but hide them. Although some of the winter white camo looks cool. You can try it out without buying it if you have MC, not sure if you can if you don't. Slayer?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i don't care about the BS in the cockpit. but i do like camo schemes. if we all wear the same camo scheme no one will be singled out. i think we decide on a unit first, then can pick a free/cbill color to apply or maybe even a custom - it IS only 125 MC, that is pretty cheap. the lowest package at 6.95 gives over 1000 MC. i wonder if we will be able to gift MC to others?
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Hammer wrote:i don't care about the BS in the cockpit. but i do like camo schemes. if we all wear the same camo scheme no one will be singled out. i think we decide on a unit first, then can pick a free/cbill color to apply or maybe even a custom - it IS only 125 MC, that is pretty cheap. the lowest package at 6.95 gives over 1000 MC. i wonder if we will be able to gift MC to others?
No idea but I have seen requests in forums for gifting of MC and possibly MC bought mechs/items.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I'll pick up some MC probably after the holidays. But ya, lets decide on a unit first then paint. I also agree we shouldn't be giving away our positions and there are percs to having a uniform paint scheme for our unit.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

well if we go with say the Lyran Guards.....we can look like thus:

BTW, that a Reseen Warhammer sporting the 11th Lyran Guards paint........
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Or you could use the Clan Rabid Lemon Gazebos colors!
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I don't know about you guys, but some of the 'camo' schemes I've seen make me think someone put pajamas on their mechy.
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

Well, It lulls people into a false sense of security....look at slam he lay back chillin in his chillin mechy...hehe