practice/training

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

practice/training

Post by Hammer »

how are we going to practice or train?

right now it is difficult in MWO?

we can all get mw4 mercs plus mektek for free. i am just not sure about how appropriate that is to train for MWO. thoughts?

what about MWLL? it is a mod based upon cry engine as well.

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/

it DOES require Crysis Wars, not sure who might have that or how much it is.

so just some thoughts on this topic, let's hear what you guys have to say about it.
Helmut
Slamhammer

Re: practice/training

Post by Slamhammer »

Hammer, because this game operates significantly different then all other MW sims we have to think outside the box. I suggest that if we have four or less on line at a time we group up as a lance and focus on individural and collective task...ie moving as a lance or section, IDing targets, ingame commo, and weapons targeting and use. one of us in game dictates tasks, then using the big game creat a game in a game to hone skills but still attemping to complete the big game mission. if we find that we have more then 4 then insure someone takes charge and creates a group. The person in charge can then dictate training focus and using the game we can still can complete training directives within the drop...there is many different ways to get qauilty training within the priameters of the present game....just thinking outloud here ...peoples thoughts ?
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

right now its either 4 man groups in pugs or 8 man vs other 8 man. right now I am betting we will get rolled in a lot of 8 man groups. So I also say we should work in lance setups and go form there.

That said, we should also start on figuring out who is doing what. IE who is a scout guy, who is a brawler, who is ranged da da da. Personaly I am running mediums and heavy medium to short range brawlers. That said usually faster ones so can respond to situation with some speed. So whats everyone's play style developing to would matter here. considering I cant just take any mech, this matters.

Also ya mw4 is very different then this, so its not a valid training method.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

sounds reasonable guys. anyone else have input?
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Over this last week, I dropped with Slayer, then Slamhammer, then Hawk, and then Buffalo Six.
A couple times there was three of us. Here is what I observed.
When there just was two of us, we coordinated really well, and typically make a difference in every match. So for training, I'm going to suggest we continue training as two man lances until further notice.
It's also clear that we need someone to lead. So take a few moments at the start while configuring weapons load outs and plan a strategy together. Then once a plan is in place, someone needs to take charge and shout out to the rest of the (PUG) team what the plan is.
There is a place in each map right near the center, where there is a defensible position with cover, while giving time to get back to base if it's getting captured. So that's the strategy for most maps that seems to work out well, if an all out base cature rush is NOT the plan...
There are a couple exceptions. But mostly, if you hold the ridge line at the center of maps like Caustic Valley, while staying OUT of the volcano, from either side, that works. Also the ridge line by the wreckage in frozen city, same thing. Stay on your base side, and let the battle come to you.

Oh cool, I just found this:
http://www.skye-rangers.net/gallery/m/3 ... lbum/94406

Can one of you geniuses make a copy of these maps for our use in case skye rangers moves or otherwise changes this? I'll try to work on it a little but I'm at work, so I have to actually, um, work PDT_Armataz_01_05

Bronurstomp PDT_Armataz_01_41
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I uploaded the 4 tactical maps to my photo bucket.

http://s295.beta.photobucket.com/user/B ... rary/Mechy

Bron PDT_Armataz_01_41