Dec 18th patch

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Dec 18th patch

Post by VEGETA »

2 nice threads for you; first list of what we can expect. And its a big list to say the least, but Stalker, conquest mode, Cadet bonus, and weapons tweeks top the lists.
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/84367- ... -18-patch/

and yes you ready credit . Basically anyone starting to play will get credit bonus for first 25 matches. So you can buy a light in as little as 5 matches and a assault in about 25 matches. Now for us who are well past that they have not forgotten us. anyone at 26+ match numbers will get a bonus of 7,981,686 CB. So you should have enough to buy a stalker and some toys for it PDT_Armataz_01_37

Also they are removing the reaper and rearm part of the game. I am a little sad for this as I kind of like this idea. But they are changing the number so cbills and xp and looks like as long as you put forth a effort (shoot something, spot something, cap something) you will get more cash win or lose.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/84412- ... 18th-2012/
Slayer

Re: Dec 18th patch

Post by Slayer »

Exciting! :) I'm with you on the repair/reload though. I'm assuming at some point though they'll rebalance and bring it back out.
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

damn, nothing about ECM or lag shield light mechs. even my 139 kph Cicada got beat to hell by them.
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Hammer wrote:damn, nothing about ECM or lag shield light mechs. even my 139 kph Cicada got beat to hell by them.
From what I keep reading they got some things in testing to help this out. but net code can be a pain to say the least. Some of my equipment where I work needs less then 5ms response times. that's a pain to keep tuning to keep.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i also do not like removing repair and rearm, but perhaps the tradeoff against afk'ers/farmers is worth it for now.
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

patch notes

http://mwomercs.com/game/patch-notes

holy crap a lot of stuff 2 hero mechs as well sweet. the brawler looks entertaining moahahhaha

this struck me as odd
ECM will now fully counter only the closest enemy Mech.

speed changesdoe ac's lbx and ppc, my ac20 now going to be more fun and ppc might need to be looked at again. Tag range now 750 so good idea for missle mechs :)

Als see some speed settings so Tach may be able to try the game again

And one of my favorate items
* CTD (Crash to Desktop) fixes
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

The 3F, 3H, and 4N all have fewer hardpoints than the 5M and 5S variants. There are no unique builds you can make utilizing the 3F, 3H, or 4N that you cannot build using the 5S(and the 5S comes with double AMS hardpoints)

The 5M presents a unique hardpoint layout, being the only STK with 5 missile as well as the only STK with Energy hardpoints in the CT.
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Wooaa River City night. Finally a use for night vision. AND they fixed the JJ bug. One JJ is hardly worth having now.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

to be hoenst, this is a big set of changes. I a sad to see reqards for capping go away (lets just call it team deathatch now) and sad to see repair and rearm go away but overall I like the patch notes
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i do like a lot of it, especially the PPC speed bump. i love PPC's. and uac5's.
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Well I had to spend the cash. I picked up a flame mech. Somthig about a 81kph mech that can pack a ac20. Considering how much sucess I have had with the ac20, it seames like a good idea. That said, I think its a littlepricey these custom mechs. So wil be saving my cash for a while after this.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

ok so I picked up a stalker, the 5M and built a giant LRM boat. 4 ML, 5 LRM15, I need to figure out how to add a TAG. But at least its sloooooooow lol. Anyway, I was dropping with Slammy and Broun and after I died I ended up in a mech watching a guy run this build. So I built one. I took into a match solo, Assault on forest colony. Hung back by the bridge, raining LRMs when targets could be locked. I ened up the last man standing, my 5M vs. a cent 9D and a Fatlas. The Fatlas was way, way across the map so he was going to take a while to get to me, so I squared off against the Cent. I had moved off that bridge to the waters edge, where that cut for the river/stream is (thus the bridge/culvert thingy) and hammered him as he closed, so he was pretty shredded when he got inside 190m. We did the circle of death dance, or he did, I was pretty much in full reverse and twisting as well I could (1st match so no mech xp and no points in anything) and I killed him. Here comes the Fatlas, hes in the water coming right in along the shore, I get 1 good salvo out at him and hes now under min range so.....its ML's. I just kept shooting him in his face cus he just stood there slowly coming at me and I would twist around when he fired at me to spread the damage. I killed him by repeated blows to the head. We won, I had 4 kills, 8 assists lol.

The second match didnt go so well, same tactic different side same map. I was doing my thing, had 1 kill, when around the corner to my right came 2 ECM Atlas's (Atlai?) and 4 Cataphacts decided they didnt like LRM boats, and gang banged me in a hail of fire and that was that lol

With support this might be a viable build.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Buffalo Six wrote:ok so I picked up a stalker, the 5M and built a giant LRM boat. 4 ML, 5 LRM15, I need to figure out how to add a TAG. But at least its sloooooooow lol. Anyway, I was dropping with Slammy and Broun and after I died I ended up in a mech watching a guy run this build. So I built one. I took into a match solo, Assault on forest colony. Hung back by the bridge, raining LRMs when targets could be locked. I ened up the last man standing, my 5M vs. a cent 9D and a Fatlas. The Fatlas was way, way across the map so he was going to take a while to get to me, so I squared off against the Cent. I had moved off that bridge to the waters edge, where that cut for the river/stream is (thus the bridge/culvert thingy) and hammered him as he closed, so he was pretty shredded when he got inside 190m. We did the circle of death dance, or he did, I was pretty much in full reverse and twisting as well I could (1st match so no mech xp and no points in anything) and I killed him. Here comes the Fatlas, hes in the water coming right in along the shore, I get 1 good salvo out at him and hes now under min range so.....its ML's. I just kept shooting him in his face cus he just stood there slowly coming at me and I would twist around when he fired at me to spread the damage. I killed him by repeated blows to the head. We won, I had 4 kills, 8 assists lol.

The second match didnt go so well, same tactic different side same map. I was doing my thing, had 1 kill, when around the corner to my right came 2 ECM Atlas's (Atlai?) and 4 Cataphacts decided they didnt like LRM boats, and gang banged me in a hail of fire and that was that lol

With support this might be a viable build.

Sounds fun.

Trick with stalker is thats its a weapons platform, it dose not have the armor of a atles (not to say its not got good armor), but the thing can carry lots of gun. So if its supported and protected then it can just dish out kills. Personally I have found myself to be more comfortable in medium and heavy mechs with some speed and set up for close to mid range fighting. But a mech like my centorian or my new dragons would make for a good support for your build. Ie I stick around u and anything that comes to take you out (most likely lights harassing) can deal with me idea.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Veg that's exactly my solo tactic. Obviously things are different when we're all hooked up. In solo though my best games are ones where I find and support an assault. Basically adding my firepower to his and sharing blows. I'll let the assault take most of it, but if i get the vibe he's in trouble i'll draw some of the fire off.

I have yet to purchase one assault or light. I prefer the balanced maneuverability and firepower of the medium and heavies. 3 of the four mechs I own right now are HBKs. Last night I finally bought my "jumpy" 'phract by using the wad MWO gave us. Which leads me to a question. The LBX cannons should be able to fire standard or LBX rounds. I haven't tried it yet, but i'm assuming if I load AC10 ammo, i'll be able to use it? If not, that kinda sucks a little ... Also, do the "Ultra ACs" "automagically" unjam themselves? I bought my 'phract, but I only got to take it out I think maybe twice last night.
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Slayer wrote:Veg that's exactly my solo tactic. Obviously things are different when we're all hooked up. In solo though my best games are ones where I find and support an assault. Basically adding my firepower to his and sharing blows. I'll let the assault take most of it, but if i get the vibe he's in trouble i'll draw some of the fire off.

I have yet to purchase one assault or light. I prefer the balanced maneuverability and firepower of the medium and heavies. 3 of the four mechs I own right now are HBKs. Last night I finally bought my "jumpy" 'phract by using the wad MWO gave us. Which leads me to a question. The LBX cannons should be able to fire standard or LBX rounds. I haven't tried it yet, but i'm assuming if I load AC10 ammo, i'll be able to use it? If not, that kinda sucks a little ... Also, do the "Ultra ACs" "automagically" unjam themselves? I bought my 'phract, but I only got to take it out I think maybe twice last night.

LBX currently dose not have the ability to use solid and cluster rounds. Its strictly a cluster round weapon. that said, Devs have stated they want this in the game. And later special ammunition for ac's.

Ultra ultra ac5's are automatically unnamed but there jam rait is quite high. and you can even jam on the first round, which is incorrect. I remember seeing a nice chart that shows percentages of the jamming but believe its a 25% chance to jam per round. So holding the trigger to fire means every round fired the chances of the next being a jam goes up.

Personally I have stopped using ultra ac's tell jaming is fixed to a better percentage or atleast it is set to not jam on first round. IE if you fire and let a full reload and fire it never jams. If you click 2 times the second round can jam.

I have found myself doing amazing work with ac20's so when I saw the new dragon which can now take a ac20, I quickly ponied up the cash and got it. So a 80kph heavy with a ac20 should be interesting.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

Good advice with the new "economy" changes...........
I have played several matches and the new system is not working for me at all. It has completely changed my target priority and in order to make my payout I have to do things that often end up getting other pilots killed. Before this patch I did very little damage, but it was a surgical kill. I would target the mech in the weakest or most likely place to down them fastest. I could end a match with four kills and only 153 damage done. I would snipe out the opposition in a manner that would make any mechwarrior proud.

Now though, my priority changed. In order to make the same C-Bills I used to I have to play stupid. If you want max payout this is unfortunately how its going to be.

First priority is to hit every mech. Even if you have a target in front of you make sure to use at least something to ping that other mech at least one time.

Second, Target components, one of the legs Is what I find is best. Do this from long range and put them out of the fight without killing them. Every limb you blow off gives you more C-Bills, just be careful to not kill them.

Third, don't kill unless you have to. Let someone else take the hit to their C-Bill earnings. If you have no chance to disengage or are in close combat then your unfortunatly going to have to kill them to stay in the game.

Last never ever cap. Yell at your team to get off the cap, shoot them if you have to in order to get the point across. Winning gives you nothing! Your priority is to damage, but not kill if you can help it, mechs, the mission can go to crap for all your payout cares.

In the end, I think this is beyond stupid. But If I want to make my 200000 C-Bill payout this is what I have to do.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Buffalo Six wrote:Good advice with the new "economy" changes...........
I have played several matches and the new system is not working for me at all. It has completely changed my target priority and in order to make my payout I have to do things that often end up getting other pilots killed. Before this patch I did very little damage, but it was a surgical kill. I would target the mech in the weakest or most likely place to down them fastest. I could end a match with four kills and only 153 damage done. I would snipe out the opposition in a manner that would make any mechwarrior proud.

Now though, my priority changed. In order to make the same C-Bills I used to I have to play stupid. If you want max payout this is unfortunately how its going to be.

First priority is to hit every mech. Even if you have a target in front of you make sure to use at least something to ping that other mech at least one time.

Second, Target components, one of the legs Is what I find is best. Do this from long range and put them out of the fight without killing them. Every limb you blow off gives you more C-Bills, just be careful to not kill them.

Third, don't kill unless you have to. Let someone else take the hit to their C-Bill earnings. If you have no chance to disengage or are in close combat then your unfortunatly going to have to kill them to stay in the game.

Last never ever cap. Yell at your team to get off the cap, shoot them if you have to in order to get the point across. Winning gives you nothing! Your priority is to damage, but not kill if you can help it, mechs, the mission can go to crap for all your payout cares.

In the end, I think this is beyond stupid. But If I want to make my 200000 C-Bill payout this is what I have to do.
They made assists worth more then kills. which is a bit dumb. I woudl say anyone who did a assist gets the assist bonous, if you get the kill you get assist and kill.

Also the removing of cap bonuses is just complementary dumb. ie its just deathwatch now. They could have easily made a dethmatch and then keep the old system, then technically game would have 3 game types .
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

here is how to win mostly on conquest maps......stay in a 8 mech mob....go cap.....kill stragglers.....win on points
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Buffalo Six wrote:here is how to win mostly on conquest maps......stay in a 8 mech mob....go cap.....kill stragglers.....win on points

trick with that is if the other team is running a lot of light fast mechs. they can run to all points and cap all points. So they can be at all points. your team comes running and they take off. But all other points are under assault. Use to have this in other games I have played and this was the issue, a mob sometimes can be worked around by fast units hitting all points at once.

I have also had this in massive paintball games (all day 500+ events). Mass drop and we go take one or 2 points with 100 people. But the other team is split up and taking the other 6 flag points.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

Veg, 1 mech takes forever to cap a point, where as 8 makes the points spin rapidly