Dec 18th patch

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Re: Dec 18th patch

Post by VEGETA »

Buffalo Six wrote:Veg, 1 mech takes forever to cap a point, where as 8 makes the points spin rapidly
well that would make a big difference. got to try this out, might have a few cycles tonight for it
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yah i do not get the new scoring. not sure why they removed cap and cap assist points/cbills. i thought that was the point of the game. and the assist vs kill thing seems backwards.

if you want to try to fix it, i am sure there are threads over in the mwo suggestions forum. of course you will find people on each side of the coin, but go make your voice heard.
Helmut
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

Wed eveing started out with me and Bron and then Slayer. We were testing new mechs and game modes. We did well sticking to a three man Lance covering each other and letting the the other team members draw the enemy out of cover and then picking one mech and hitting it untill dead. Worked well untill a pre maid would drop and became more difficalt depending on the pre maid. As long as we stuck togather with a simlar load out we did well we stayed above the power curve.

Buff came on then later veg we changed it up a bit. Buff took his missle boat from hell Stalker and me, Bron and Slayer took a Caparcht with about the same wpn load...4 med lasers and 2 AC 10's. Myself and Slayer would protect Buff by spacing about 200 meters left and right of him under cover. Bron would venture out forward using his jump jets he would spot for Buff. The other friendly mech would in most part move togather insuring that the ememy would take them seriours enough to send more then a raven or Jenner. As the other lanced moved ( most time I believe that the other lance was a PUG but people tend to stick togather so it worked out for us. As the ememy moved to engage the other lance we would move relitive to there six and stand back about 500-700 meters. When the ememy mechs moved they tend to move out of cover to engeg a precieved threat, At that time Bron would call targets and inform Buff when the bad guys were cleared of hills and such to insure maxium about of missle impact. When the enemy was not agresive meaning not closing We would inch forward and insuring Buff had target lock would strip targets of armor when we decied that enough targets were weaken Myself, Slayer and Bron would converge on each target and take it down. Now beaware that sombody has to keep the other frendlys in mind and know how many are left and were in general they are located...
This tactic worked very well we won 3 times more games 6-2 when using this method and in most of those all four of us surived with high damage and at least a kill per lance member. Now as with anything situation dictates and in battle adjustment have to be made but in general if the other PUG friendly sare sticking togather we do very well....The others can give their feeback on this....each one of us had a slighty different prespective.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

That was a blast last night! Would love to see how things progress with an 8 man. I still have a little tinkering to do to my 'phract, but thanks to Bron and Slammy it seems to be pretty rowdy already!
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

I need to work on that stalker.......its sooooooooo slooooooooooow. It makes Fatlas's (Fatlai?) look nimble. I think I'll take 1 LRM 15 off, add tag and maybe a Beagle.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Last night was a lot of fun. even when we lost we did a massive amount of damage. Ie no land slide stem roles happened. I do have to work on my Flame, it s a little on the hot side still and needs that extra ML. Found this build below what is what I am looking for but to do it you drop ending form a 300 to a 280. this makes the mech run 75 instead of 81. So might try this.

Std 280 engine
12 (11) double HS
394 Armor
FF Armor
Endo Steel Internals
AC20 4tons ammo, 4x Medium Lasers

But now that people sema to be figuring out there roles they like to play, we can start moving forward. Ie we have a missile nut case in buff for example. We mght want to get a thread where everyone can post (and keep updated) there mechs and style of play.
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I have a cataphract build with an XL325 engine, 2 lrg pulse, 3 med pulse. I think it's the 1X variant
Runs at 79kph (85kph with speed tweak). We could put a few of these together in a group drop and nearly keep up with the scouts lol.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

looks like i did not get there in time. :(

how did you guys get that many in a group, and then drop with a PUG? it looks like 4 man group or 8 man required?
Helmut
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

We ran four man lances and when some of us dropped off others filled in. We're not quite up to 8 man yet, need some more recruits! :) I have a few more I might be able to grab if I can get them interested and online.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Last night was a blast. As was most nights this last week, where I had at least one wing man softening up enemy mechs so Slam could steal my kills PDT_Armataz_01_02 , er I mean so I could increase my kill ratio PDT_Armataz_01_11

Next time we have 6 of us on line, we should try doing two 3 man lances launching at the same time and see if we end up in the same match! PDT_Armataz_01_36

Bron
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Just checked and I am at 1.46 :)
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I only need 130 kills without getting killed to get to even :(

I gotta say though that after dropping with you guys, dropping in a PUG all alone is the worst of the worst. I know I'm not suppose to use the word dipshit but whew.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

My k/d ratio is horrid since buying my phract and adapting to it. Hopefully that will soon turn around. I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to drop unless it's with you guys. Pugs are like a death trap!
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Yes I agree about PUGs, but my posse' is helping my stats a lot :)