Selling mechs

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Slayer

Selling mechs

Post by Slayer »

Does it pay to strip weapons and "upgrades" before selling a chassis?
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Buffalo Six

Re: Selling mechs

Post by Buffalo Six »

good question....no idea
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

It does matter if you sell the engine, you will loose half the price of the engine in cbills if you ever need to buy that engine again. The weapons are another thing. You can buy and sell weapons at no penalty as far as I know. BUT I would recommend making it a habit of stripping a mech before selling a chassis. That way you know what your selling. You can sell anything in your inventory anytime you need the cash.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Cool ... I think i'm going to unload my HBK-4J. Need to start putting CBs together to buy my next 'phract ... or something bigger, i'm not sure yet ... prolly get another 'phract though so i can elite in it. The engine in the 4J is just a standard 200 so it can go with the chassis.
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

depends upon if you are going to use the wepaons again or not. if they are very pricey weapons and you like them, i would keep them. it is pretty cool to be able to go into the mech lab and reconfigure the mech and not pay anything.

but there us always a penalty forselling something - you get half what it costs new if it is in prefect condition. if you sell something damaged you get less - not really an issue right now with no need for repair and rearm.

if you have an xl engine, i would always pull it out and keep it for sure. same with modules like bap, ecm, etc. you can also save things like heat sinks, armor, jump jets, etc.
Helmut