Group drop times and Recruiting

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bronurstomp

Group drop times and Recruiting

Post by Bronurstomp »

We have really been improving our team skills. I can see everyone's familiarity of the maps and tactics getting sharper every week.
However it seems we have folks spread across the country, and all three time zones, which makes it hard for all of us to drop together.
Can we start assigning drop times that make sense for everyone to get to drop onto a planet as a group ?
My first suggestion, being on the east coast, would be for some time in the early evening on work days ie Mon - Fri, at like 9pm, when it's 6pm on the west coast? I can usually be on until about 11PM eastern...
Then perhaps something earlier on weekends, like noon here when it's 3 pm on the west coast? Weekends I can usually be on until the wee hours. :cheers:

BTW It was great to see six of us online at one time over the holidays. We should have tried a sync drop with two teams, and see if we got into the same match. Next time we have six pilots online, I would suggest we split up into two 3-man lances and try that. Imagine six of us on the same team! Or evening funnier, on opposite sides! PDT_Armataz_01_36

Kudos to Slayer (Aeross) for adding Riddlebox, who has been showing up pretty regularly, and who is also improving quickly.

The guys here at work, that I thought might get into MWO, have just... not so far.
So, what should we do as far as recruiting goes? Do we plan on expanding, and evolving into a solid lance of Mechwarriors? At this rate, we are lucky to get three or four to drop at a time.
Is anyone up to speed on what the MWO community is doing that we might could join?

Bron PDT_Armataz_01_41
Slayer

Re: Group drop times and Recruiting

Post by Slayer »

As far as play time, Bron i'm right there with you 9-11 weekdays and maybe earlier times weekends. I have many gamer friends, but getting them interested in another game seems to be a challenge. Free or not. Riddle's pretty cool, i've known him for a little while online.

I'm wondering if it might be easier to break down our lances based on time zones. Bron., myself and Buff. seem to hit more often then not. I'm not sure what TZ Buff is in, but he seems to have a similar play schedule. If we could squeeze one more in there we'd have one lance. I'm not sure of the rest, but maybe we/they could work out something similar. That would A.) make getting practice times in easier and B.) extend our units availability once the meta game is in place and we start fighting for planets (or contracts) ... just some ideas.
Shawn AKA Slayer AKA Aeross
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | MEM 2 x G.Skill F3-1600C9-8GXM | CPU AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Deneb (3.2g Stock) | Video AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series | 1024 MB | Rating: 5.9
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Buff: central
Hammer: pacific
Blackhawk: pacific
Slamhammer: central
Bronurstomp: eastern
Slayer/Aeross: eastern
Vegeta/Shakalaka: eastern
Tach: ?
Oshay: ? (i think we lost him to another group?)
Biobod: ?
Hondo: ?
Softball/Staark: pacific
Hudson/Xaoslaad: eastern
Malin/Malino: GMT?
Riddlebox: central (weekends)

I have also only gotten poeple to talk about the game at work. Maybe I will get a couple on eventually. For the most part I would say we do not want to grow too fast. That causes issues and I certainly prefer we get people we know at least a little bit.

Anyway to get Megabot 5 into the forums or dropping with us?

Currently the only way to really practice is just create groups and generally go against PUG's/other 4 person groups. Just keep at it.

To get mretime together organizing by time zone might work for most. Try it, set some times. Personally I am generally not able to get on until later, and that is of course pacific which means most of you are gone already. Not much to be done about that, but I will get on earlier when I can.
Helmut
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

Hammer, I can play most days between 1700 hrs Central time and 2130 hrs Central time....Saturdays and Sundays I can play pretty much anytime for a long time...we might think about getting the Unit admin stuff squared up ie. unit name into the MWO data base and a working copy of the roster...
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I am eastern.

right now I have a hard time confirming a specific time and such. Just trying to figure out which of 2 studios to sign up for fitness (ding mixed martial arts/kickboxing classess) so not sure on schedule yet.
Riddlebox

Post by Riddlebox »

I am central TZ howver i do get up for work at 4 in the morn and with the wife and the baby I usually only wind up being able to play games on saturday and sunday nights.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

Hammer, I'm in CST.....same as Slammy
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Hondo I believe is Central. He is in Arizona. I also remember they don't observe the daylights saving time there so some times he is 1 hr off me and sometimes he is 2 hrs off me.

also note with him he is on shifts. That said, don't expect him to play tell some issues in the game are fixed, as he is a bit annoyed with it at the moment.