So, the latest rage on the forums......is a serious matter

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Buffalo Six

So, the latest rage on the forums......is a serious matter

Post by Buffalo Six »

That we need to pay attention to......

So the bad month of March continues for PGI, 1st the P2Win consumables thing, then the whole 3rdPV thing, and now.....this steaming pile of dung. Someone needs to get fired at the PGI PR office, like soon.

OK, for those not reading the MWO forums much here is the basic run down:
Consumables. Started out as a P2Win (golden ammo) thing with coolant flush. 1st, flushes were something they said they would not do, then they did and you had to pay MC for them, well initially it was MC for a good one and cbills for a crappy one. Thus P2W. After the shite-storm on the forums they kept the flushes but made it so you could cbill 2 of them to equal the MC version......the whole thing left a bad taste (like radiator coolant) in peoples mouth. On the way is golden arty/air strikes either this next patch or the one following.

3rd person view. This was a huge issue in like Nov. when they asked for the players opinion on the matter......it didnt go well. Then after the storm of consumables subsided, they drop the we are going to implement some form of 3PV because twitch kiddies and cysis Xbox players cant drive big stompy robots without 3PV. They sited some statistics about it but what a lot of people took away (and still are) is that the core group of MW fans, BT lovers etc.....isnt the demographic they are looking for, even though we were the ones who ponied up the cash for all the founders packages (which IGP the publisher....took from MWO to use on 2 other crappy F2P games). This 3PV topic is at about 60 pages now and climbing.....again not a good day for who ever is running MWO marketing dept.

Then on Friday, this article dropped after the PAX east convo.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/29/416053 ... nd-faction

Now it starts off great, CW is coming in May, 12v12 in the next few patches, some good stuff. Then pay attention to where they talk about factions and merc corps (player teams....i.e. like us). To do anything other than endless map grinding (like we have now) players wishing to actually do something to effect the map will have to pay MC AND have a premium account. Today, we get a message.....its a holiday in Canada, nobody can respond to this latest shit storm.......un-fracking-believable

Hell, I thought STO was a great game ruined by its DEVs, thats tame compared to what/where MWO is going.

Thats my 2 cbills worth....
VEGETA

Re: So, the latest rage on the forums......is a serious matt

Post by VEGETA »

um Holiday, WTF how comes I am at work :(

and ya I had seen something about this but only in passing. They will be shot for making people have to pay MC for CW and having to have a premium account. Considering its not cheap to have a premium account to begin wight, its asking for problems. I admit I am the first one to give the devs support and be-leave they are not screwing us. IE consumables have turned out to not been a game changer (YET air strikes could be interesting). But this one has me rather concerned to say the least.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

how much is a premium account? what does that mean exactly?

I know I will not continue this if they do this. I have been grinding the free way awaiting CW.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

the guy kinda contradicts himself in the polygon article. one para he says merc corps might get charged a one time setup fee and factions would be free to play. then the next sentence he says premium, but probably along with that.
Helmut
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

with no official word yet from a DEV, other than some lame excuse from a forum mod that "well it was taken out of context, and its a 3 day holiday in canada so none of the devs can get in a room and formulate a reply".....

Who knows, but these idiots seem to do this a LOT, drop a steaming pile on a friday or before a holiday and not reply until next week. MWO's marketing and PR dept. need to get fired over this type of thing.....
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

so, anybody looked at Hawken? might be too much run and gun though. also not sure if there will be any community warfare type of stuff, unless it gets used in a league like NBT or some such.
Helmut
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

You could all come play Guild Wars 2, where every day the devs bake fresh pies and deliver them - in person! - and every step forward is a twelve-step program back to the salad days of gaming!

Forward to the Past!
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple