Anyone see this yet?

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Buffalo Six

Anyone see this yet?

Post by Buffalo Six »

http://mwomercs.com/phoenix

Looks nice, but leaves that bitter "money grab" aftertaste..........
VEGETA

Re: Anyone see this yet?

Post by VEGETA »

dam it to hell I just noticed it and now have to find the funds to buy it. I am a HUGE thunderbolt fan and dam it to hell I want it. Shadow hawk is alos a big one on my list.
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

But I just built a new Phract PDT_Armataz_01_19
It runs 2 AC10s and 4 med lasers. I chain fired the lasers but kept the acs grouped. 70 rounds of ammo I wasn't worried about running out... I friken ran out!
Check out the damage the other team did. That was a kick ass fight at theta on the volcano. I got the first kill on their Atlas fist then yelled to them take and hold theta. They did great. I almost got the last kill, an lrm cat was pelting us pretty bad whole fight. He ran out of ammo too. I keep forgetting to screen shot in the game till its too late.

I still think they need a bonus score for getting the game winning kill.

So Are We Doing This?
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I think the locust looks like a wind up toy. what good is a 20 ton mech if you can run it down in a raven.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

looks don't always mean much. it will depend upon the stats.

they might just get me to spend money on the game after all.
Helmut
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

I want a Battlemaster have always luv this mech.....By the By we need to start looking into at least putting togather the infunstructor for Team TLH.....I can put some stuff togather nothing complex but the CW is going get going soon....Hammmer we have to put our unit on the unit list....
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yah, battlemaster appeals to me even though I suck at heavier mechs so far. actually all of those do.
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I so far have only had luck with highlander for assaults. My atlas (founders) sits there partially built and not used. but battlemaster dose interest me.

note after reading the FAQ section I may have a trick for getting the 80$ package and not getting wife made lol. Basically buy the 20$ package, then upgrade it every month for 20$. but initial 20$ package gets you the extra 30 days of time for early bird buy. and you can still get the rest.
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Sweet everyone loves a good deal. So, whats the chance that eventually we can get those mechs, or the chassis without ever buying them except with cbils? In essence, are we going to continue to support the dev of this game. I'm ok with that I guess.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

you mean without MC, right?
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Bronurstomp wrote:Sweet everyone loves a good deal. So, whats the chance that eventually we can get those mechs, or the chassis without ever buying them except with cbils? In essence, are we going to continue to support the dev of this game. I'm ok with that I guess.
well we get the content I think it was october. But the mechs will all be available via MC or cbills. The reseen mech versions are like the 4 founder mechs, same as stock one but with custom paint job and bosts. The other 2 mechs of the class you get are 2 other versions (3 mechs of each version you get). But all the mechs should be available fr mc/cbill, just not with the bonouses.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Veg,
I saw nothing about the $20 per month/chassis thing you came up with. where did you see that?
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Hammer wrote:Veg,
I saw nothing about the $20 per month/chassis thing you came up with. where did you see that?

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/124078 ... questions/

Q: Is there an opportunity to upgrade my package?
A: Yes, you may upgrade your package for the duration of the sale.

4th question in. So I may buy the 40$ package and upgrade later. we will see.
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I gotta say though that the recent patch is suckage. I have more collision and warp issues than ever before. Blackhawk is convinced his weapons don't work right, and the new climbing restrictions are BS. They also have a lot of useless items like airstrike and the like. They need to do better to get my support. I'll hold off on the pre buy thing.
But not to say its the only buggy game out there. I was on PS2 for a while and got zombied a few times.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Today is the LAST day if you want the extra 30 day bonus premium time. I just phoneyed up as dam it i want my battle master and thunderbolts. Shadow hawk a close second and well the light, eh it may be entertaining.

Its available after today but you don't get the 30 days extra bonous
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

http://mwomercs.com/phoenix

they just added a expansion to it. I doped my 80$ already on the pack as I LOVE thunderbolt. Well now for 30$ you also get the griffen and wolverine. considering I have always been medium polot and wolverine stands as one of my favorite mechs I will be tossing 30 more bucks. 30 bucks gets you 1 of each with 30% bonous and custom paint and 2 of each (different versions so total of 6 mechs. All the slots and such are also covered. these packs overall are good value when considered against hero mechs pricing which is on the high side.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

do you have to have the phoenix pack first? or can you just get the saber package on its own?
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Hammer wrote:do you have to have the phoenix pack first? or can you just get the saber package on its own?

I think u need saber pack first.

the mechs will be available via c bills later on but not for a while , ie one mech a month launch tell all the now 6 mechs are out.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

actually did some more checking. you need some part of the phoenix package first, then saber unlocks to buy.

question, are any of these worth it? I was considering the locust/shadow hawk package and the saber package - that gets me a light and 3 mediums which I seem to do the best with. but looking at the mech slot types, etc. I am wondering if I should spend the money.

thoughts? I do understand about supporting development.
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Well I bought the entire thing. The thunderbolt is one of my all time favorite mechs along with wolverine. The griffen and shadow hawk are right up there to. If you consider you get 3 or each mech, its a decent deal considering how much cash ti would cost to buy these mechs with real cash.

I do think there mechs are overpriced mind you.

for 70$ you would get 4 mech types 3 mechs of each so lots of stugh to play with. No premium time but you do get a badge and 1 medalion . madalion dose give some points, not sure how.

I got the top tear early so get something like 120 days premium time so that made it worth it to me.