Civil War update

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Civil War update

Post by Hammer »

this gonna catch anybodies attention?
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Re: Civil War update

Post by Bronurstomp »

I like the new weapons, and light engines for IS. Now IS mechs are pretty good brawlers against clan mechs.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

hey Bron, nice to hear from you.

i have been thinking about jumping in again, but so many games and so little time.

has community warfare changed at all?
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

wow, i installed again. this is just not the same game! dropped into a match and i have no clue what i am doing now, at least before i knew a little something. even the user interface needs to be learned again.
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Yes a lot has changed. All the old modules have been replaced with the skills tree. If you would like, I can get on TS with you this weekend and go through all the details. Like most things, once you understand it, it's not too difficult, but until you do, its a bit boggling. And be careful how you spend your SP. I almost made the mistake of giving all my GSP to one mech. Each one only needs 91 SP to complete the skills tree. Making changes after that will require either SP, EXP or GXP.

Additionally, as to my previous post concerning IS mechs. Holy moly, clan mechs now seem very underpowered compared to IS. I dropped in a bunch of Community warfare matches, and about 10-1 went to IS teams. Only time we won using Clan versus IS was when the PUG group was totally un organised compared to our team that was very well prepared, and armed with massive LRMs. When we dropped as IS, we completely overwhelmed the Clan teams, no matter the map or mission type.

Bunches of new weapons for both sides to play with though. I expect a few more "balance" patch(s) soon, seeing how one sided IS versus Clans have become.
Bron