NBT-HC

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Tach Deneva

NBT-HC

Post by Tach Deneva »

Youse guys gotta try it. Go to www.netbattletech.com for details.

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

is this a whole new MW game that they're making then......i say 'whole new', i assume it'll use the core of Mercs, but they're re-doing it....or is it just a new league?
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

The answer is... YES! Heh. They're modding the game, *and* they will be basing a new league on it when it's ready. The goal is to create a more 'sim-like' MW game, with more of a Battletech feel.

The first beta is available now for download - somewhere around 7MBs. There are some new (to MW4) weapons - LBX2, Clan Arrow, IS LRM Thunder and LRM w/Artemis IV; IS SRMs lock now, too, woot. Mech speeds have been lowered to more CBT-ish levels; turning is not 'on a dime' anymore, and heat is a BIG thing (ACs and missiles are hotter). Some weapons require more slots now - SRM6s take 3 Missile slots now instead of 2, for example. Some weapon weights have been changed, and in some cases, ammo levels, have been also been changed (less ammo).

Another cool thing is, if you're running, say, MP2.1 and you want to try HC, you can install HC and you'll still have BOTH versions available to play.

Anyway, it's a work in progress - but already it's got a very different feel. When it's all worked out and ready for prime time, NBT-Mercs will close and NBT-HC will open.

Check it out guys - ya might like it. Tell 'em, Bullseye!

TD
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

You have perked my intrest Tach....you be the lead on this let us know how things are going step by step. This might get me back.... :D
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

It's a public beta - anybody can try it! NBT has assigned 3 or 4 servers for HC testing, so ya don't have to worry about finding a server. Remember, tho, it IS a beta, so there will probably be things that go wrong, especially in the early stages. In the initial release, for example, Clan Streaks don't lock or track - but the HC devs have already figured out why and what to do to fix it.

Right now the focus is on testing the installation, and checking to see if any of the current changes crash the game. More substantial changes will come along later.

Another cool thing - the HC guys say new mechs can be added pretty much when each individual mech is ready. So if someone comes up with a new mech, adding it to HC will require only a small download.

Don't delay - get yours TODAY!

TD
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

this stuff sounds awsome.

unfortunatly if its based on the MW4 mercs engine or game or what ever, i still have the problem with going threw all the install. then playing it for a week, then out of the blue it wont work anymore no matter what i do.

BUT, damn i might pilfer my wifes old puter or something and set it up to play it LOL ... ( i wasnt serious about stealing wifes puter becuse she would complain, but man, to play mechy again on a more constent basis might be worth it anyhow.)
Firemane

Post by Firemane »

Tach,

Thanks again for keeping us all clued in on the MW front, it is appreciated. If there are any updates or patches, I am sure we would all appreciate the notice.

I was testing out the 2.1 the other night and got in some decent fights. I still suck but it felt good when I did get in the occasional decent shot. I got into a good Palace Gates game and those usually make for a good slug fest. I tagged a Madcat and knocked his ear off, and for some reason, that felt especially good. It wasn't a kill shot, but it was a long way off and it felt good to tag him.

I did get the HC to install but I didn't get to try it so I don't know how much the feel is different. YOu have any good variants set up? Email any that you think are solid, I am way behind the curve on all the new weapons and adjustments.

I need to start reading their forums, espeically if they are taking input for their next campaign. I wonder if they have ever though about putting the whole league in a war on one planet? Maybe divvy up the teams into 2 or three sides & give them starting points and see where it goes from there. They could maybe simplify a lot of the strategic stuff (like jumpship stuff) and let everyone concentrate on tactical moves around the planet. Maybe give so much dropship travel & have some system to see how much of your supplies/reinforcements make it to the ground. Salvage would be big too.

How's everyone doing??

Thanks again, Tach-O-Mighty. I have some Dragon minis at home and everytime I look at them, I imagine you tearing across the tundra, blasting away with a Heavy Gauss.
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Firemane wrote: I wonder if they have ever though about putting the whole league in a war on one planet?
I suggested something along those lines, but the majority of NBTers seem to be pretty much entrenched in the IS/Clan thing. Plus, there seems to be some notion in place that some league events might somehow get incorporated into the official CBT timeline. Wishful thinking, IMO.

TD
Firemane

Post by Firemane »

Well thanks for making the suggestion. I glanced through their thread and it makes the head swim. I'd make a comment but I would sound pretty clueless. Hell, pick a planet in the timeline that got fought over during 3067 and let the clanner teams take on the IS teams, stock and all. That would be result in a conflict closer to the real timeline that the abstract stuff that happens after everyone jumps around the "universe" with their boat mechs. I will try to read through the threads and see if it is worth the suggestion though I am way too late to say anything of importance. I'm not even sure if I am registered there though maybe I should pick a non-ELH name since we're not in it anymore.

Enjoying this weather?
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Firemane wrote:Enjoying this weather?
Best part is not having to mow the lawn every three days.

:salut:

TD
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

I played on the NBT-Sunder mission play server (running MP2.0) tonight for the first time since the HC beta was released, and I gotta say...

...the mechs felt like bumper cars...

Gotta hand it to the folks working on NBT-HC: it looks like they're taking MW4 to where it SHOULD HAVE BEEN all along. It's still MW4, yes, and it will never be Battletech, but even with this first public beta release, it's getting a LOT closer.

Try it - you'll LIKE it.

TD
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

i havnt looked around in the mech pages much latly, but where do you find the thing? the references i see for hardcore is for the forums only. i may just be blind and/or tired. but i dont see where you can DL it at. give an old dog a hint here Tach :P
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Thar she blows!

http://www.netbattletech.com/download/gameclients/

Filename: HCB1-110204.zip

See also Changelog PDF for what's been done so far.

TD
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

thanks will try to dig out the ol' mercs CDs and see if this thing decides to work.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

To get HC working, i'm guessing it's a case of install mercs, dl HC, and u're good to go.....no copious map dl's or anything else.....or am i being naive?
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Mooseman wrote:To get HC working, i'm guessing it's a case of install mercs, dl HC, and u're good to go.....no copious map dl's or anything else.....or am i being naive?
You'll need to install the MS PR1 Patch and then MekTek's PR1 to MP2 update (for the new mechs). HC works with MP2 and MP2.1, but *NOT* with MP2.1a. As for the maps, yeah, to play on the NBT-HC servers, you'd need them. But if you just want to check it out in Instant Action, you could do without the maps.

Here's a link to the maps and stuff:

http://www.netbattletech.com/nbt-mercs/downloads.html

TD
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Hard Core Beta 2 now available for download.

TD
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

151-Bullseye wrote:*Cough* I get to be on the Beta Focus team :D
Cool. :salut:

TD
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Just an FYI.....no-one applaud Bull......the damn clanner that he is!!!!
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

151-Bullseye wrote:Kerenskys Dream be done
Depends on *which* Kerensky yer talkin' about: Aleksandr, Nicholas, Andery, or Bubba. Hardly anyone remembers Andery, the poor sod. As for Bubba, only a very select few know he even existed, as the Clans have done their utmost to eradicate all traces of him from not only the Remembrance, but every other historical record, along with knowledge of all the Other Clans Bubba founded (Iron Jellyfish, Gassy Hamster, Pickled Polecat, Chocolate Moose, Peach Catfish, Snow Bunny*, Kitty Dog, Hungry Hippo, Stone Fox*, Feral Pumpkin, and many more; they're all still out there, somewhere, waiting for their moment to make their move).

Bubba Kerensky's dream, well, let me just say it involved whipped cream and lots of fruit.

TD

* Clan Snow Bunny and Clan Stone Fox are the only two Clans with all female members, which perhaps explains their animosity towards each other.