Merc Campaign

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker

Merc Campaign

Post by Falker »

Anyone know how long the Merc Campaign goes on for. I beat the championships on Solaris while listing to Dunkin Fisher and am now talking on some claners up at Easton . The Clans are real tough up there and the pay and salvage is almost not even worth it. I still don’t see any contracts open on Outreach yet , hmmm , when’s that going to happen ?

Well just getting sharpened up this week. I got all the down loads last night except the new ones at NBT4. I’ll get those today and start installation over the weekend.

Falker
We're in the pipe , five by five.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

its been so long since ive done the single player i cant remember hehe.

ive been pretty busy on the home front myself and ive yet to see a time for all of us to get togather. hopefully that will happen soon. i guess a good start would be for the regular players to tell us usualy when they are on and where and we can see if we can hook up with them.

BTW Falker, got wife a new car, its a 94 Saturn SL2. not bad little car so far, snappy as hell engine wise, its interesting riding around in rubber maid ;)
Falker

Post by Falker »

Well Dang , in the MW-Books , Outreach ( run by the spy clan , called -- Wolf Dragons ) had all kinds of available missions open to other Mercenaries groups. Now I’m a little bent . I wanted to head over to Outreach and see what’s up. :) I picked Divion. After reading the books, I don’t like that Steiner bitch.

Good job on the Saturn SL2 BH . That's a sharp looking car . Saturn is a mix of General Motors and some other Euro company. When I worked at the Saturn Dealership , they used the same GM Tech -2 scanner to diagnose engine and other onboard electrical equipment . Lots of GM parts on a Saturn as well. But a few of them are made in Mexico , so I wouldn’t expect high quality out of that. I think the body is made by Thailand. , but don’t quote me on that. It’s better then a Geo tho . Heh , On some Geo’s you can hear the foam dash board making noise after 50 k , it sounds like an Styrofoam ice chest as your driving down a bumpy road. You give up on the Plymouth-Van ? Only Dodge Trucks are okay with me at this point , cuz their cars and van’s have lot’s of problems. Err Doh , that's right , you had a Mazda MPV i think.

94-SL2-- .................Image
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

no i havnt given up on the MPV yet. truth be told, im just sick and tired trying to crawl into my truck to get my damn tools out. so im planning on pulling the rear seats of the van and installing some drawers. dont worry i plan on being carefull not to mess up the interior hehe. im convinced i got a very small crack in the head of the MPV... the main reason is that when the van warms up it quites steaming out the tail pipe. but if you let it sit at all it will steam at start up with a clear anti freeze smell from the exhaust. right now. the van wont start becuse there is water in Number 3. SOOOooo.... the plan is to get a head, get it surfaced and a valve job and try that out and see if it works. i cant afford to get a new head. so im going to try my luck on the good ol junk yard variety. i think the whole operation should cost me around $600 including gaskets and head job. ( crosses fingers. )

not sure what that pic is of the car you posted. but its not like my SL2...

the one we got is more family friendly and looks more along the lines of this one... Image

in fact its the same god awfull green :roll:
Falker

Post by Falker »

Well you didn’t say you had a 4-door. : ) Okay , here’s a Sharp looking SL2 four- door. I think 91 to 95 Saturn models are all the same , so yours should look allot like this one after you throw on a few coats of wax and all.

http://www.outerringperformance.com/wayne93sl2.html

Might be a good idea to see what other vehicles have the same engine as the MPV. Maybe some Fords would or other Mazda’s ? Of course , the best ones are the crashed vehicles. No need to spend extra on a head gasket set or expensive valve job if you find a head under 130 k . Usually all you need is an intake manifold gasket and head gasket.

At the wrecking yard >> remove the radiator and cylinder head cap to smell for any exhaust fumes. ( If exhaust fumes are present , you know it’s been blown , and the head may be leaking or warped ) Look for flat spots on the camshaft ot rocker arms. Next, see if the exhaust valve stem seals are leaking by looking through the exhaust port holes side of the head. They are the seals that heat up and leak first. If you see oil up on the valve and it is leaking down , then the seals are leaking and it would cause smoke until new seals were put in. I’m sure you know all this tho , but I just Thought I’d say it anyways. :)
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

no prob on the information, ive always would rather be over informed then under informed ;)

from what i found, the 4 cyl engine in the MPV was only put in the MPV van and a few pickups for a few years. so of course its fairly rare. even though some of the 626 and other cars have engines that look the same, there are slight size differences in the head to make them unusuable. i did locate a used head not far from here for around 400.00, the main reason for the valve job would be to get the head planed, and they can do the valves too. the package of both planeing and vavles is 100.00 so i could kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak. although most likly the valves probably wouldnt need done. at this point i would rather over do it a little then have to tear the bastard apart AGAIN hehe.
Falker

Post by Falker »

Doh ,

Yeah I hear that , After I’ve pumped $ and worked on a car for tooo long and have had enough… , I’m just ready to shoot the bustard. Or plant some C4. Better to get it done and over with if you would like to keep it. Reminds me of the link Fethr put up awhile back , where those guys shot the hell out of that RX7.
Falker

Post by Falker »

Anyways,

Looks like there is some closure on the Campaign. I kind of cheated in the finale round where we took out Steiner. I fought the front line Assault Mechs in the city and then went around for some PPC shots at the back door before Davion even got there.

There was a tuffy round with all Assault Mechs before that tho , but I finally got passed it. Man , took me a few days to get passed that one :)

I’m still working on the updated patches. I DL’d al of them but am having some problems. NBT-IV made an easy 1 – 2 patch that would up-date everything. Looks like it won’t be that easy tho. Now , I have half of the MS servers in Red while the other half are in the Green. I guess I’ll try a fresh reinstall and give it a go again after some installation reading.

Falker