NBT-megamek? Verrrrry Interesting!

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Tach Deneva

NBT-megamek? Verrrrry Interesting!

Post by Tach Deneva »

"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

hmm unfortunatly i never liked that board game type thingy... i think i did DL it once and stared at it for like 5 mins though :P
Falker

Post by Falker »

When it comes to board games , I like Monopoly. I never really did get into Mechy Board Gaming. Buff did tho. He had this mammoth mechy board he was working on in his garage. What ever became of that ? :roll:
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Aw, you guys don't know what you're missing! CBT is a hoot and a half and Megamek *is* CBT on your PC.

TD
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Haven't really taken a look yet, but is it anything like Mech Commander? I'm not a great one for the strategy side of things in that sense, but something a little more organised than total mayhem, where you have to think about who you put where for what, I might be interested. But putting a team in one place with all the guns they can muster for some mindless violence wouldn't really flick my switch.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

KODIAK wrote:Haven't really taken a look yet, but is it anything like Mech Commander?
Not really. Megamek is a near direct port of the Battletech board game to the PC. If you've ever played Chess online vs someone else, it's kinda like that, 'cept your 'pieces' are BattleMechs (and/or various vehicles) and they all have different movement rates, weapons, and armor (depending on their tonnage, which ranges from 20 to 100 in increments of 5 tons).

See http://megamek.sourceforge.net/idx.php?pg=main for info.

It's pretty much pure strategy. Minimum hand-eye coordination required.

TD
Mincemeat

Post by Mincemeat »

Hello Gentlemen, what's goin on? I still play megamek quite a bit and we usually have a game hosted (4000BV) on Sunday nights at 9:30ish central time.

server address 216.97.163.99
Feel free to drop by and play. It's just for fun now, but maybe we can start campaigns soon

I also have a Battlecom server hosted on 68.13.250.205 (24/7)
The Megamek server will be moved to this address in the next few weeks as I finish setting up the new server.

Right now I have 4 dedicated players and hopefully maybe get some of the ELH squad on there.

Take care,

<S> Mince
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Looks like it might just happen: NBT-Classic. Woot!

http://www.netbattletech.com/hpguplink/ ... php?t=4335

TD
Mincemeat

Post by Mincemeat »

That sounds great, I don't know if I can devote time to a league, but please keep me posted...

<s> Mince