Elite Dangerous

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

Elite Dangerous

Post by BlackHawk*K »

i know i have been talking to hammer about this. and a lot of us went the star citizen route.

im just wondering how many are still interested in this game?
Hammer

Re: Elite Dangerous

Post by Hammer »

probably not until release. too expensive right now.

EDIT: many of us have picked this up when on sale, it is just a time availability thing.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

If you guys haven't tried out the Odyssey expansion for Elite Dangerous yet, I highly recommend it. The graphics have been greatly improved and the first person/planet surface aspect is a lot of fun.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i think none of us has had time to just try the game, much less any expansions.
Helmut
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

At least this isn’t a necropost yet. I see it only cost a few bucks on Steam today , They will refund your purchase within two weeks if you decide it’s not for you. ..and I know the feeling - I have a couple few good games I bought and never even had the time of day to try them out yet , much less put my new computer build together. Although, I see Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen are both very similar space simulation games that are worth a try.
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

they are, but SC is not really ready to go yet. portions of it are playable though.

Panzer has and plays Elite Dangerous, some other of us have both ED and SC but no time to play either.

Watch the steam refund thing - you are usually limited to one or two hours play time or no refund.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hammer wrote:
07 Sep 2021, 17:02

Watch the steam refund thing - you are usually limited to one or two hours play time or no refund.

Yes, I believe it's 2 hours of playing time.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Right - I dropped a few times and played the Titanfall training course for about an hour or more and Steam said I played for 2 hours and would not refund me. But I did get a discount on Titanfall 2 as it was considered a bundle deal. I still drop for about 30 minutes or so a few days a week before my eyes get tired of the colorful background and sniping enemy soldiers half the time.

I’m still checking out Elite Dangerous. From what I gather there is no storyline, missions or objective in the game, just lots of space to explore while building up your resources. It would be more attractive to find several high tech alien races to become friends or foe with.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Falker939 wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 10:08

From what I gather there is no storyline, missions or objective in the game, just lots of space to explore while building up your resources. It would be more attractive to find several high tech alien races to become friends or foe with.
Not quite correct. There is no single player-focused storyline like what you would find in the old XWing and Tie Fighter games but there are several ongoing galactic events that will determine what kind of missions are available for players to do. In fact, there are always tons of missions you can do for different factions. There is exactly one alien race that you can encounter but I won't say any more than that so I don't spoil anything.
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Alright- It would be cool if it goes on sale soon. :) I need something to do now that I don't get on FB anymore, and I love playing strategy games. The Holidays are coming up - be safe, stay frosty.
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Should I...?

Elite Dangerous
On sale now for $7.49
Offer ends Dec 1st

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

If you plan on investing a significant amount of time to master the steep learning curve then I highly recommend you get it. If not then you should pass.