slingbox, Hava?

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

slingbox, Hava?

Post by Grifter »

Hey all,

Well it's a been a while since I've come on the boards and I hope you're all doing well. I've been mainly doing a lot of hiking in recent months, and writing when I have a chance albeit not as much as I would like. So, I thought I might invest in slingbox or Hava. Does anyone have any experience with this technology or can offer an alternative suggestion? I'd like to be able to watch tv in my bedroom on my laptop without having to buy an additional box for the room.

Thanks and again it's good to see you guys are still playing.

Grifter
Madrus

Re: slingbox, Hava?

Post by Madrus »

Hey, Grifter. Good to see ya again.

Hulu? Youtube?

Free TV.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Hey Madrus,

Good to see you here. Yeah, I love hulu, but not quite the product I'm for. I'm looking for a way to to watch my tv's signal on my laptop instantly. So I'm watching the Monday night football game in the television room but I want to finish watching the game in bed, for example. If anyone has any experience with this products or has an alternative suggestion, I'm still all ears.
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

They all have terrible reviews. Save the $100. Then you can buy black shark :-P
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Yeah, that's what I've read too...that they all have terrible reviews. Guess I will save the hundred bucks. It's really too bad that they can't make a product to do something that is relatively simple. Oh well. Yes, I wish I had time to play guys but there just aren't enough hours in the day. Sucks, but that's the long and short of it. I rarely play any video games/sims these days because I'm prepping hikes, hiking, writing. Well, I'll definitely be visiting the boards to talk with folks about other topics anyway and stay in touch.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Grifter wrote:Yeah, that's what I've read too...that they all have terrible reviews. Guess I will save the hundred bucks. It's really too bad that they can't make a product to do something that is relatively simple. Oh well. Yes, I wish I had time to play guys but there just aren't enough hours in the day. Sucks, but that's the long and short of it. I rarely play any video games/sims these days because I'm prepping hikes, hiking, writing. Well, I'll definitely be visiting the boards to talk with folks about other topics anyway and stay in touch.

It's good to hear from you Grifter. No worries at all about the pc gaming thing. We all have our own priorities and hobbies that we choose to put time into so it's all good.

Take care,
Adam.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

So you have money to buy a ~$100 box and time to watch streaming media, but not ~$40 for a game and an hour or two a week to play?

As far as excuses go PDT_Armataz_01_33
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Hudson wrote:So you have money to buy a ~$100 box and time to watch streaming media, but not ~$40 for a game and an hour or two a week to play?

As far as excuses go PDT_Armataz_01_33
I must say Hudson, you nailed that one. If you have time to watch TV go to the movies, set back and listen to music for a few hours, watch football. You have time to play one or two hours a week for gaming. Grifter are you playing any Playstation game, xbox, wii? Ok lets do a breakdown. There is 168 hours in a week. Lets say you sleep for 9 hours a night, thats 63 hour a week. Lets say that you work 50 hours a week. Now lets see what we have left over. 63+50=113; 113-168=55 hours left. Are you telling me that you are hiking and writing for 55 hours a week. Well I guess my point is that you could make the time to play once a week or even if you played every two weeks one or two hours would be nice. It would be great to see you in game agian. Sorry for hitting you with this on your return to the boards but who know when we might hear from you again. I hope this post dose not run you off, or put a bad taste in your mouth. I would and I think everyone else would really like to see you back in game playing with us again. PDT_Armataz_01_12
[img]http://www.xtremeconceptswebdesign.com/Image/ghost1.jpg[/img]
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I would definitely like to see Grif on again, even if he just comes onto teamspeak to chat. ;)

but sometimes life has other callings. Grifter knows he is always welcome here.
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Hey all,

Yeah, fraid it's not that simple Ghost, but hey I appreciate the whole giving me grief thing is appreciated as it is intended. I'll be on the boards and around. ;-)

Oh yeah, by the way, you guys will be seeing some pics this summer from the Canadian Rockies. Cheers!
Softball

Post by Softball »

Hey Grif, good to hear from you at least. Sometimes people find a new passion in life, and it sounds like you have found yours. Good for you! Looking forward to seeing pics of your adventures.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG