The coming Hard Drive shortage.....

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Buffalo Six

The coming Hard Drive shortage.....

Post by Buffalo Six »

If anyone is looking to add a hard drive to their current system, or buy a new system anytime in the next 6 months, you might want to just order the HD's now as the floods in Thailand have zonked out about 45% of the worlds supply and prices are starting to shoot up.

http://www.itweb.co.za/index.php?option ... Itemid=219

".........Its the end of the World as we know it........its the............."
Ghost

Re: The coming Hard Drive shortage.....

Post by Ghost »

Thanks Buff for the heads up.
[img]http://www.xtremeconceptswebdesign.com/Image/ghost1.jpg[/img]
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

soggy hard drives anyone

and no buff thats not near as bad as your comment of my New orleans pizza being soggy
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Soggy frosted flakes. Now THAT is a tragedy.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

this could affect our business a lot. each system we build requires a hard drive, and without them we cannot sell systems. could be a huge first quarter revenue hit for us, and our 4th quarter already looks bleak.
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Hammer wrote:this could affect our business a lot. each system we build requires a hard drive, and without them we cannot sell systems. could be a huge first quarter revenue hit for us, and our 4th quarter already looks bleak.
I know companeys like dell and asus have been saying they may have to raise prices and also expect to ship less computers because of this.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

God forbid if something ever really bad happened to Taiwan as the majority of motherboards and RAM is manufactured there. Of course computer hardware could never be made in the US because it would be "too expensive".
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

they WILL have to raise prices. hard drive manufacturers have already almost doubled hard drive prices and are allocating them. i.e., we can only get 20 per week of a particular drive.

it would be too expensive. it is just economics. emaricans demand too high a pay rate to support the standard of living.

taiwan and china have nowhere near our standard of living.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hammer wrote:it would be too expensive. it is just economics. emaricans demand too high a pay rate to support the standard of living.

taiwan and china have nowhere near our standard of living.
Sad but true.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Hammer wrote:this could affect our business a lot. each system we build requires a hard drive, and without them we cannot sell systems. could be a huge first quarter revenue hit for us, and our 4th quarter already looks bleak.
Hammer sorry to hear that, perhaps it's time for a new job. You could go work with softball. PDT_Armataz_01_12
[img]http://www.xtremeconceptswebdesign.com/Image/ghost1.jpg[/img]
Softball

Post by Softball »

Nah, then he'd have to do work. :P

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG