Made the jump to a HOTAS

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hudson

Made the jump to a HOTAS

Post by Hudson »

Going from this (Wingman Extreme 3D Pro):

to this (Saitek X52 Pro):

It looks like people have made a couple good profiles for A-10C and Black Shark, so on top of looking like a decent stick based on reviews which say they fixed most issues with the original X52, it should also get along well with A-10C and BS2.
Softball

Re: Made the jump to a HOTAS

Post by Softball »

I wish I had known you were looking for one, I have that exact HOTAS (Brand new) and I don't use it. I honestly still prefer to use my Top Gun Afterburner II.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

To be honest it would have been a difficult sale, so you don't have to feel that bad. Our on call at work is supposed to be a global affair, but because of issues HR has failed to work out it is (STILL!) restricted to US folks. For that they are at least compensating us. But we don't exactly get paid in cash money. Instead we get redeemable "awards" (this is meant to be an incentive thing when people go above an beyond, that in this case being used to somewhat fix a somewhat screwed up situation) which we can in turn buy gift cards from a zillion places with, so I end up buying way way more than the average bear off Amazon for no or little cost to myself.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

If I ever get off my lazy ass and make the effort, I could learn how to fly with my right hand and get a HOTAS.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

PanzerMeyer wrote:If I ever get off my lazy ass and make the effort, I could learn how to fly with my right hand and get a HOTAS.
While you are at it pick up a copy off star wars the old republic, and start playing with us.
[img]http://www.xtremeconceptswebdesign.com/Image/ghost1.jpg[/img]
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i just might if one of 'us' would pay my monthly fees. ;)
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

Maybe we should start a "Hammer wants to play SWTOR" fund? If I could think of a way to write it off as a business expense, I would certainly hook you up.

Hammer, pick up a copy of SWTOR and we'll talk. I have another favor to ask regarding web hosting.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG