Top Gun - Actor Training

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Re: Top Gun - Actor Training

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
17 May 2022, 20:37

Wow, never heard of SRO at a movie. It's usually well, sorry, that time is sold out. Today I'm sure they would have called that a fire hazard!

v6,
boNes
The world has changed a lot since 1980. Some for better, some for worse.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

I recall going to movies in 1980 but never experienced SRO then. I saw Empire back then too.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
18 May 2022, 09:49
I recall going to movies in 1980 but never experienced SRO then. I saw Empire back then too.

v6,
boNes
For ESB I remember waiting in line for about 2 hours but once I was inside I was able to get a seat. However, I remember watching "Gladiator" on opening weekend on a Saturday night and I had to sit in the middle of one of the aisles for the duration of the movie. That was the only time I experienced SRO though.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

Seriously? Gladiator came out in 2000 and they were still doing SRO? They must do things different in FL than IL.

Here, if all the seats are sold, that's it...catch the next showtime or do it a different day, as long as I remember. Then again, Chicago doesn't take too kindly to fire hazards (ahem, 1871). So maybe that's why? I know for a while in the 90s you couldn't even do a performance that used fire indoors in Chicago--it make a Penn and Teller trick a little less spectactular in one of the Chicgao theatres that year.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
18 May 2022, 12:34
They must do things different in FL than IL.

That plus I don't think IL has had a population explosion like what FL has gone through for the past 30 years. It wouldn't surprise me if the number of movie theaters was simply not catching up with the increasing population. Of course now that's no longer an issue thanks to streaming and the after-effects of COVID.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Good point!

v6,
boNes