Top Gun - Actor Training

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

Top Gun - Actor Training

Post by Trichome »

Its short but thought Id share...

Jedi Master

Re: Top Gun - Actor Training

Post by Jedi Master »

Only question at this point is if I'll get to see it in the theater or have to wait for home.
Lots of other films coming out this summer.
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'm fairly certain I will make the trip to the theater for this.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

I got advance IMAX 4DX screening tickets for this. So will be seeing it 3 days ahead of regular release

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
04 May 2022, 10:44
I got advance IMAX 4DX screening tickets for this. So will be seeing it 3 days ahead of regular release

v6,
boNes
Is your wife going with you? I'm afraid I'll have to bribe my wife for her to go with me.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

Yes she is!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

My wife is coming with me. Please, DO NOT reveal any spoilers. I won’t be seeing it until this summer. Thanks, and enjoy the film!
Bones

Post by Bones »

Grifter,

If you happen to have PAramount+, 30 days after theatrical release they are streaming it.

v6,
boNes
Bones

Post by Bones »

Just watched that short again and it made me misty-eyed.

v6,
boNes
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I asked my wife and the answer was a quick and resounding no...
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Hammer wrote:
06 May 2022, 16:25
My wife thinks she may get motion sickness and I said I Love her but didnt want her to leave half way through. Nor did I. PDT_Armataz_01_12

I may go on my own for this one...lol
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hammer wrote:
06 May 2022, 16:25
Just watch it on streaming then when available! PDT_Armataz_01_12
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

[/quote]
Just watch it on streaming then when available! PDT_Armataz_01_12
[/quote]

Some movies just need to be experienced on the big screen. This may be one of them.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yes, that is what we normally do anyways. we are a very 'frugal' family. for this kind of movie, no way we would go to the theater. a disney princess movie, well maybe. ;)
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Trichome wrote:
09 May 2022, 06:05

Some movies just need to be experienced on the big screen. This may be one of them.

True but my recommendation was based on the fact that Hammer said his wife would not go with him to see it.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

We were planning on seeing this in the theater but with COVID rates rising again, well, I’m glad I have a reasonably good home theater setup.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
09 May 2022, 09:24
Trichome wrote:
09 May 2022, 06:05

True but my recommendation was based on the fact that Hammer said his wife would not go with him to see it.
This one may warrant both... the big screen by yourself (or friends) and a watch at home with the wife.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Just watched this video. They definitely get the speed and sense of movement right, in my layperson's opinon (WTH do I know?!). Seems like a fun ride, regardless, and I'm really excited to watch it. Definitely waiting for it to hit HBO max or something, as the spike in Covid just makes a theater not an option for me. So, I'm kinda pissed because I would've liked to have seen this on the big screen. In a way, this sort of reminds me of when I saw The Empire Strikes Back in the 80's. It was standing room only and I watched from the center of the aisle in the back of the theater so that I could have an unobstructed view. Sure, we could've waited to see it when the crowds had died down, but I could'nt wait and I'm sure I was driving my parents nuts. So, I'll be looking for the streaming option ASAP.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Well, like I saying it is streaming on Paramount+ for 30 days after release or some such.

Wow, never heard of SRO at a movie. It's usually well, sorry, that time is sold out. Today I'm sure they would have called that a fire hazard!

v6,
boNes
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Cool! Yes, I rent Paramount+ from time to time to watch series they have on that particular "channel." Thanks for the tip!