Windows 11

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Windows 11

Post by Bones »

So, anyone tossing around the idea of going to Windows 11?

I'm afraid that my setup and drivers as it pertains to DCS will get all FUBAR if I do...

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Re: Windows 11

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I've been on WIN 11 since February when I got my new Alienware system. So far I've had no issues at all besides one minor issue where Rainbow Six Extraction wasn't working properly but that was fixed with a patch from UBI. Then again, I don't use a HOTAS like you do so your results may vary from mine if you go to WIN 11.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

Good to know! What are you using in lieu of a HOTAS?

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
17 May 2022, 10:59
Good to know! What are you using in lieu of a HOTAS?

v6,
boNes

I've been using the Logitech Extreme 3D joystick for several years. It actually works great for all of my flight sims!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Im holding off until my techy buddy tells me to do it... Glad to hear you havent had any issues Panzer
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks Trichome! I was long overdue for a new PC but I kept putting it off so that WIN 11 could get a few more updates before I committed to changing over.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

For those of you with Ryzen CPU.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

seems a major issue is the TMP module (required for win 11) on Ryzen CPU's. Not sure if there is a fix yet.
Helmut