Stepping it Up....

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

Stepping it Up....

Post by Trichome »

So I decided to take the plunge a pickup a 3080 and do the install myself. When I got home I realized my P/S is only 650W and not 850.. Ugghhh

Then dropped it off at Canada Computers to get the GPU and P/S swapped. Tried to bribe them to have it ready for tomorrow...lol.... but no guarantees.

So I may not be on for tomorrows training session on Tuesday for Ready or Not. I dont want to jinx anything but I should be good for Wednesdays mission at the latest.
Xpendable

Re: Stepping it Up....

Post by Xpendable »

How much did you pay for the 3080 if you don't mind me asking? Just curious and have not looked in awhile.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Nice. Now Jedi has a 3070, you have a 3080 and I have a 3090. When I got my new Alienware PC it obviously had a great power supply BUT I did have to upgrade my UPS. My 800va UPS started beeping like mad when I would play certain games. So now I have a 1500va UPS and all is good.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Xpendable - the 3080 ran me $999.99 CAD+ tax (13%) (it was 300 off) MSRP 1300.00.

The guy said last year at this time was 1500 ish... I decided Ill just take the shot at it. Having to get a new P/S is a bit of a bummer but it needs to be done (I told myself and not my wife...lol) She's cool with me buying this stuff but something's are better left unsaid when I haven't accounted for a particular extra thing I needed. My fault.

Next comes a 4K OLED TV as a Christmas gift to myself in Dec., they're about 1500 CAD. Right now Ill be running at 1080p but im on a LED TV. So Im still going to have a bottleneck I think until Dec.
Last edited by Trichome on 27 Jun 2022, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I got it back! Haven't started DCS yet but I should be on tonight.