A general question about flight sims

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

A general question about flight sims

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Besides DCS, are there any other flight sims that you are currently playing? For several years now it's only been the IL-2 series. It's probably been about 5 years since I've played any flight sim besides DCS and IL-2.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Re: A general question about flight sims

Post by Trichome »

Im honestly not even aware of any other SIMs. Now when I say SIM I mean the equivalent to DCS other than IL-s. Did you have any in mind?
Softball

Post by Softball »

We used to play Falcon 4 back in the day, but its been a LONG time since we've jumped into the F-16 cockpit.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Way back 18 yrs ago played Jane's fa18 with Bones then fs2004 and fsx I did dabble in il2. Took an 8 ur break from gaming and eventually returned to fsx, xp11, and now dcs. Xp11 was modeled and programmed by a real pilot and he would fly his own aircraft, notice things, and then get back in the programming and tweak it. Even though not a combat environment, simming in various commercial aircraft, flying Sids and Stars with real love atc on vatdim was a great experience and i will go back eventually. I also had in-cockpit sim training from a real world cfi who is now a good friend. I guess this is part why my oldest wanted to become a pilot.

Anyway, that's my short story.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Trichome wrote:
19 Jul 2022, 13:18
Did you have any in mind?

I'm thinking about stuff like this:

Falcon 4
Rise of Flight
European Air War
Any of the "Strike Fighters" sims
Etc.

I think what this really illustrates is just how niche our military flight sim genre is. The bottom line is that this genre wouldn't even exist anymore if it wasn't for Eagle Dynamics and 1C Company.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

I guess i gave too much info.

For me I play XP11 now and also somewhat learned to fly helos in Arma 3 (sometimes CAS). XP11 has kind of combat but not really from what I've read.
Bones

Post by Bones »

I was flying "combat" in FSX for a shile until a few years ago. I have the VRS Super Bug (F/A-18E Super Hornet complete with all the weapons and systems) and Aerosoft F-14 (complete with all the weapons and LANTIRN). Both good add-ons.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I would be interested in IL2 BoX and Rise of Flight, but no time. DCS, since the Falcon is now included, probably leaves no real reason to mess with Falcon and mods/derivatives.
Helmut