if you are interested in tank games

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

if you are interested in tank games

Post by Hammer »

GHPC! will go to early release on Steam soon. If you sponsor on Patreon for $25 or more, you will get a free Steam key. That is less than what it will sell for on Steam, including early release sale (couple dollars).

https://gunnerheatpc.com/news/articles/ ... price-info
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Re: if you are interested in tank games

Post by PanzerMeyer »

How in-depth is this tank game? Are we talking sim level or something more like World of Tanks? I know nothing about it.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Read the main page for your answer: https://gunnerheatpc.com/
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks grifter!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yah - it is somewhat between Steel Beasts Pro PE and WoT and War Thunder (with War Thunder being more realistic than WoT in my eyes).

That said, Steel Beasts Pro PE has dropped in price from $125 to $75 for a license, and has "rental" pricing if you want to try it out. No idea what GHPC! will cost when released.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Ok, I added it to my "follow" list in Steam. I like what I see so far but I will wait until the official release comes out before I make my decision on whether to buy or not.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I added it on steam as well...
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Are we doing this?

It's up on STEAM and its 10% off

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

of course i have it, i was a patreon. i will need to grab it from steam. remember it is not multi-player yet.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Hammer wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 13:08
of course i have it, i was a patreon. i will need to grab it from steam. remember it is not multi-player yet.
I hadnt notice it wasnt multiplayer just yet. Its got some good reviews so far. Have they made any mention of when it'll be multiplayer? I'd imagine the price will go up so might be worth jumping on it now. They seems really gung-ho about it.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

supposedly by end of year. it does have a mission generator, and soon a campaign generator (supposedly, one never knows until it is there).
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'll get it once the MP is implemented.
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

The IL2 series has tank crew, which is multi-player ww2 tanks (even supports VR).
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yes, it does, have you played it? i understand it is a bit clunky, and pretty pricey (may have changed). if you want to spend a bit, this is THE armor simulation (not game): https://www.esimgames.com/ Look for Steel Beasts Pro PE on the site; you can even rent it for one month to try it out (but you do need to dedicate some time to it).
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Good points on SB Pro PE Hammer and the major one is "dedicate some time to it". This is NOT a sim where you can just casually sit down and think you will learn how to play it in one day. The irony here with these hardcore sims is that the target market for them (middle aged and older men) are also the ones who often say they don't have the time or the attention span to play them. I see comments to that effect all the time on SimHQ.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Do you have SB Pro PE Panzer?

I would say for my part, I have the attention span. My issue is personal free time to dedicate to any gaming or other hobby. The issue with the target market is most are often also deep in their careers and that also often has priority - depends upon the job of course.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hammer wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 11:08
Do you have SB Pro PE Panzer?

I would say for my part, I have the attention span. My issue is personal free time to dedicate to any gaming or other hobby. The issue with the target market is most are often also deep in their careers and that also often has priority - depends upon the job of course.

I don't have it but it's on my "wish list" of sims/games that I will eventually get. I've seen however quite a few gameplay videos and I've read up on it quite a bit over the years. In my case I definitely do have the time for it but it would mean putting other games on the backburner. My issue is that I like way too many different game genres (racing sims, flight sims, RTS, RPG, first person shooters, etc.).
MasonSatchmo

Post by MasonSatchmo »

Gunner Heat! It’s amazing! It’s a great balance of realism and game. I’ve been absolutely enamoured with tank games as of late , and learning ridgeline tactics , hulk down , side scraping , etc . Steel Beasts is a deferent beast altogether lol. It’s the DCS of tanks .
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

"hull down"...

yes, SBPPE is the DCS of tank sims.
Helmut