Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker939

Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Post by Falker939 »

It’s a Submarine – It’s a Battleship - It’s a Space Battle Ship

Someone here said they were watching the old 1974 Space Battleship Yamato. I just thought they would like to know there is a new version of it out. It was on Netflix awhile back. There’s no kids yelling or anything like that- but rather a bunch of teenagers who know how to follow navy protocol. They have stolen the Space Battleship Yamato and are heading out in search of a device that will rejuvenate a war-ravaged Earth.

It was okay- The 2010 animated graphics makes it look so much better than the 1974 version , and it’s clear of any foul language or snowflakes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
Falker939

Re: Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Post by Falker939 »

Yes it's all English speaking

Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

The original Starblazers is one of the very earliest TV shows I remember watching as a kid. I was either 4 or 5 when I first saw it.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Star blazers was my favorite show as a kid. I watched the original three seasons repeatedly. Combined with force five tv show, these were the only cartoons worth watching in my opinion. Everything else just wasn’t as cool. These are the shows that turned me onto anime.

I recently rewatched the original series and the additional movies that were made in the decades that followed. Some of the movies were really disappointing. I started to watch the reboot of the original series and thought the graphics were indeed better, but they changed certain scenes that detracted from the character development and plot in their effort to modernize it. The scene where Derek’s brother commits suicide to protect the the remaining fleet came off as campy and unbelievable, even for a children’s cartoon. So I’m reluctant to keep watching at this point. I may pick it up again down the road when I have more time because I’m a die hard fan of the franchise. But I’m not very tolerant of people messing with my childhood. Still they did not sanitize the cartoon. One of the things I’ve always appreciated about Star Blazers is that people die in the series, a reality of war.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Grifter wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 07:13
One of the things I’ve always appreciated about Star Blazers is that people die in the series, a reality of war.

Yes, there certainly none of that super-sanitizing of war like what you had in the GI Joe cartoons. PDT_Armataz_01_14
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen