IP address change

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

IP address change

Post by Hammer »

I am going to need to change IPs. the current IP range we are on here is having issues at the data center; some of you may have noticed the sporadic response of the forums over the last week or so. this will probably occur in the next 24 hours. I will post the new IPs here in case you are using an IP to connect to any services. if you are using a hostname, i.e. www.rlgaming.com or ts.rlgaming.com, the IPs will be changed behind the scenes.
Helmut
Hammer

Re: IP address change

Post by Hammer »

OK, the move is complete. if you use an ip for:

teamspeak, the ip is 38.22.56.246, the host is ts.rlgaming.com
dcs, the ip is 38.22.56.240, the host is dcs.rlgaming.com

forums are just www.rlgaming.com

that should cover it, let me know if any issues otherwise.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks for the update Hammer.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

Grifter and I tried it last night and we couldn't get in.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

tried what? could not get into what?
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I don't know about bones but Jedi and I tried Teamspeak on Sunday and while we both connected, the audio very very choppy and both of us had like 40% packet loss.

edit: I just realized that we got on TS a few hours before you did the migration so we'll test it out again tonight.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I just tried it now and the packet loss is 0% so much better! Will try DCS tonight.
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Ah, that's good news indeed.
Bones

Post by Bones »

We couldn't get into the DCS server last night.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

did you connect to the remote desktop to check on it? i will do so if i get a chance.

if anyone can check teamspeak it would be great.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hi Hammer. Both Jedi and I used teamspeak last night and it worked fine.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

By the way, I've been getting this error on occasion when visiting the forums. This started about 3 days ago:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Connection refused [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Didn't see the Teamspeak request but when Grifter and I were on Monday it was fine.

I am on the server now, it seems fine now. But last time we'd find the server but after putting in the password (We checked it a coupe of times) it wouldn't let us in.

I'm in now though as I write this.

v6,
boNes
Bones

Post by Bones »

Didn't see the Teamspeak request but when Grifter and I were on Monday it was fine.

I am on the server now, it seems fine now. But last time we'd find the server but after putting in the password (We checked it a coupe of times) it wouldn't let us in.

I'm in now though as I write this.

v6,
boNes
Bones

Post by Bones »

Also got this error when I posted

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

MySQL server has gone away [2006]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i had time, logged into server via remote desktop. it just needed to be started becasue the system rebooted due to security updates. no time to check the mysql error right now. maybe later this week or this weekend.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks Hammer for checking.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

looks like i had to address the mysql error as it was affecting other services (mysqld was eating up 150-300% cpu).

i think things are settled down now and seem pretty snappy.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

So far so good. Thanks again Hammer.
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

I am getting an email from RLG every hour showing all the same posts every time. This would normally be sent to me at 10pm CDT but now it is sending the same one to me, repeating all of the same posts, every hour on the hour. I am guessing there is a glitch.