Tornadoes

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Tornadoes

Post by Bones »

Word came in this morning that we had 1 EF0 and 2 EF1 tornadoes touch down near us. There were a total of 11 tornadoes that touched down. In our county, it is the first time in recorded history that tornadoes touched down in February.

This is the F5 tornado that happened the day after my birthday in 1990 that whisked away half of my friend's house and threw his car a mile away:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_Plainfield_tornado

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Re: Tornadoes

Post by PanzerMeyer »

That's truly some scary stuff bones especially since the advance warning you get with tornadoes is usually like 15-30 minutes. The only major natural disaster I've gone through so far was Hurricane Andrew in 1992 and even then, I really wasn't affected very much. I got power back after 2 days and my apartment building only had slight water damage.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Re: Tornadoes

Post by Bones »

I'd been in a few hurricanes too. I was in Hurricane Ophelia in 2005 and Typhoon Amber in 1997. Amber was pretty bad; Ophelia, I slept through, haha.

I was also in Tropical Storm Tammy in 2005 also..

Oh, one of the tornadoes I was in was in Anniston Alabama back in like 1996. It was a bi g deal there because Ft McClellan was open at the time and that's where the chemical weapons were being stored and so if the tornado hit that, well,it would kinda suck. I was amazed that in Anniston in their calendars instead of a nice nature photo each month, they had "chemical weapon disaster survival tip of the month."

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot