error code 0xc000007b

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

error code 0xc000007b

Post by BlackHawk*K »

im about to go up in the hills and shoot things till i feel better...

so waited for the wonderfull 19 gigs to DL. finished and installed. log in, click the little launch button and BAM! "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"

there seems to be a lot of people who have this problem. but its NOT just with SC. reading forums for hours on end, i tried re-installing the .net. and the C++ things. still the same thing.

so out of desperation, i uninstalled the C++ thing, let the SC game installer re-install it itself ( it comes with a DX installer and a C++ thingy installer) waited AGAIN for a 19gig DL to finish and low and behold the same freaking thing..

if anyone has any ideas as to whats going on, and a way to fix it, i would greatly appreciate some assistance. uhg...
Bronurstomp

Re: error code 0xc000007b

Post by Bronurstomp »

Hey BH,

Have you tried restoring to a previous known working point?

Try this:

http://www.wiki-errors.com/wiki-errors. ... 0xc000007b

hope it helps!

Bronur
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

the system restore didnt work. the restore point i used is about a year old. i believe when i installed windows 7 64bit.

the tool recommended on that wiki is a scam from all i could find out about it. so i didnt run it.

this is very disappointing...
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

well at this point ive tried:

windows update.
reinstall of vid drivers.
reinstall of C++ things.
reinstall of .net things.
system restore to point right after install.
re downloaded and re installed game twice.
moved game to brand new HD. ( to avoid errors )

now im trying windows update again because of system restore.

oh used the SFC /scannow tool in the cammand prompt with admin privileges.
( yes, also tried running game as admin)

downloaded a cool tool called Dependency Walker. it goes the .exe file and tags everything it connects to run. for some reason its hung up on some internet explorer files? i dont even use IE....
but also something to note.

-the game is a 64bit game.
-my windows is windows 7 64bit.
-the games connects to .DLL files out of the system32 folder in windows.
-someone who knows better please correct me. but i thought the files for the 64bit aspect of windows were in the sysWOW64 folder?
-some of the files. that DW reports are 32 bit files.

thats all i have for now.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

it is ok to call 32bit .dll's in a 64bit app.

did the game ever work?

you have almost always had wonky issues, especially with your 64 bit install.

it works for the rest of us.

try a uninstall and reinstall of the game first.
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

yea i did the uninstall/reinstall twice... uhg pain...

ok, got it working... who knows what i might of messed up doing this though....

so using the program i mentioned above. i found the .DLLs that were the 32 bit version and replaced them with 64 bit versions...

finally it worked!!

some of the other errors i got with the program was later explained in a forum that, this program is older and was used on an older version of windows. so when it detects a DLL thats not there, its because windows no longer uses it.

on a interesting side note: you CAN move the whole game to another drive if you chose to. WITHOUT reinstalling it. you will have a problem with the launcher however.
to fix the launcher issue, you simply go into your starcitizen folder then the Launcher folder. delete the 'launcher.version' file. ( dont worry, it will recreate it.. i tested this by just renaming my old one.) when you start the launcher again it will recreate the file for its new location.

well thats it for this episode....
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

changing the hard drive has nothing to do with 32 and 64 bit. something is wrong with your windows install.

which program is older and was used on an older version of windows? star citizen?
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

oh i know that Hammer. the reason i moved it over to another hard drive was that someone reported it could be caused by HD errors. but the HD it was on was only a year old and CHKDSK reported no errors. but, i thought WTH and did it anyways. at that point i was willing to try anything. this windows install is only about a year old as well. so not sure why it would be all buggered up.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

because you do things like this: "i found the .DLLs that were the 32 bit version and replaced them with 64 bit versions"
Helmut