Wed Night Support SEALs 053123

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Wed Night Support SEALs 053123

Post by Bones »

First Hops - SEAD/DEAD F/A-18C:

2nd hop Arr Superiority F-14B:

In the first hop I realized I need more work with GMT radar. I could not get my TPOD or Mavericks to look at the target on the GMT simply because I thought I had locked the target and I did not. I realized what I was doing wrong later, but had wasted Mavericks until then. So now I know I have to SCS toward the MFD screen not TDC depress to lock them.

Killed a rifleman with a MAverick though so hey! Haha

Did pretty good transitioning to air to air to take down 2 MiG-29s, but was caught running by another MiG-29. I was the slowest antelope in our herd of Trichome and Hammer so he got me.

Got revenge by coming back in the Tomcat and killing the one that killed me with a Phoenix. Loosed another on h is wingman but he fled to a neutral airbase. Hunted him down there and killed him with the gun. Then a Backfire bomber tried to make a run to Damascus. Well, baby, the Phoenix was designed for exactly that anti-bomber mission, so it was no surprise that that Backfire became a mort. That 5th kill was sweet.

Of course all the SEALs were killed...

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Re: Wed Night TTI Support SEALs 053123

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Great mission Trichome! Next time I will transition into a hover BEFORE I'm in firing range of the BMP's. PDT_Armataz_01_42
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Thanks Panzer.

Already made a bunch of changes and fixed a few things so Ill resend the file so its ready if we decide to try again. Just going to send the file to Xpen to see if he can confirm the new Harrier FOB works first.

Fixed quite a bit yesterday after we ended the mission.

Im sorry for the issues guys but I swear running the whole mission brings out thing I just cant test on my own so your input is very much appreciated.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

actually i killed the one that got you Bones, as he was close to you i looped up and back to meet him at altitude, although i only had heaters. after he killed you he went vertical, last move he made.

i will note that Trichome also came around to support even though he had only guns!

Bones, you got his two trailers.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

Hammer wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 11:47
actually i killed the one that got you Bones, as he was close to you i looped up and back to meet him at altitude, although i only had heaters. after he killed you he went vertical, last move he made.

i will note that Trichome also came around to support even though he had only guns!

Bones, you got his two trailers.

AVENGED!!! Thanks!

I think I learned also that if you are merged and in close and you are no joy or you just can't find them due to size or the DL not being fast enough, do what Viper said: "Better to retire and save the aircraft than to push a bad position...take a hard right, select zone V, you can extend and escape."

I just loved coming back with my Tomcat. "Anytime, Baby...!"

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Re: Wed Night Support SEALs 053123

Post by Hammer »

fixed title - these are not TTI based missions (although Trichome might want to look into that, it is what I use as my base for a custom mission).
Helmut