Normandy Mission!

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Normandy Mission!

Post by Bones »

I broke down and since there is a Lunar New Year sale and got the Normandy map.

I faced off against some Mirages over the English Channel. Then botched my trap haha

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Re: Normandy Mission!

Post by Trichome »

That was some great A2A Bones

I may just have to grab this map too. Might have to download the Normandy TTI and play around with that....?

https://throughtheinferno.com/single-player-missions/
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I'm not sure I have it. Would be nice if they had different era versions of the map. Normandy is a great test case for that approach. So, WWII Normandy would have all the assets for that era vs modern era. Instead you have to buy the assets separately. Ah well.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Thanks Tri. Good A2A except for Jester haha.

Grifter, yeah that would be cool to maybe swap out the WWII fighters for modern ones. Then again, if they ever fix their WWII bugs, I might be tempted to try and fly WWII aircraft in that theatre, an ulterior motive for getting it.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I believe Marianas is slated to be the first to have both modern and WWII era versions. Obviously the WWII one comes out 2nd, I just don't know if it will also be free or paid. Seeing as how the terrain itself is the same and it's just different buildings and smaller amounts of developed land, it may be free.
The Jedi Master
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

The original map was free and so I would think it would be. But, it shouldn’t cost as much as a new map. Good model would be to charge a small fee for different era versions of a map .
Bones

Post by Bones »

I received word from HB that they were going to make a "Final Countdown" version of the Normandy map with the Tomcat going up against Me109s...but it's on the back burner right now as they need the time for the main important things.

v6,
boNes