Snowfox Night Ops 021222

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Snowfox Night Ops 021222

Post by Bones »

Just did a Snowfox CAP hop on the server. It easily became my most nerve wracking trap ever because it was in pitchblack night.

I did the marshall then the approach, the whole shebang. but the comms were goofy...they weren't responding at the right times, but the progression of the comms were OK. IN the groove the LSO suddenly lit the waveoff lights but didn't say wave off. In fact after the wavroff lights came on he told me to call the ball...he was very confused. My approach looked good and the deck was clear so I dunno. I ended up boltering anyway.

One thing I have to remember is to draw the shades in this room when trapping at night--it was really bright to have to strain through to see the dark deck.

But all in all, that training has really paid off. This was my first combat night trap in the Tomcat on the server. Whoa, I'm still shaking.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Re: Snowfox Night Ops 021222

Post by Hammer »

newb LSO.

interesting that things can get "exciting" even in just a sim on the computer.
Helmut
Trichome

Re: Snowfox Night Ops 021222

Post by Trichome »

Hammer wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 11:45
interesting that things can get "exciting" even in just a sim on the computer.
I have to remind my self to take breaths... especially on approaching the Carrier for landing.