F-14B: Defend the Fleet

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

F-14B: Defend the Fleet

Post by Bones »

So I've been running alot of missions in the Caucases lately...I wonder why?

Here is a Fleet Defense mission:

v6,
boNes
Last edited by Bones on 27 Feb 2022, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Xpendable

Re: F-14B: DEfend the Fleet

Post by Xpendable »

Me too. I've been setting up some missions for myself for exactly this purpose.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Good way to blow off some steam. I went to kill some SA-9s after I saw the video of that one SA-9 purposely roll over a senior citizen civilian car. It was a miracle the driver survived.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Yeah, I saw that video. wow. Just wow.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

If you have ever driven an armored vehicle in the snow/ice (yes, i have), you know that it may actually have been an accident. you see the vehicle slipping sideways in the initial turn, and then overcompensate and then hit the car. i will say it was very coincidental if it was an accident. soldiers in general are not bloodthirsty animals, it is difficult enough to put an enemy soldier in your sights, much less a civilian. of course as we all know, there are exceptions that should be taken out back and shot.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

Shouldn't the crew have come out and tried to help the civilian? Or too scared they'd get killed by the civvies?

Guess everything is circumstantial and must be considered. Thanks for offering a possibility. I looked at the video a few more times and the street is clear of ice and snow but with that angle, resolution, etc, we don't know how wet the street was. Don't know why he would be driving so fast either, but again, circumstantial and it is important to stay objective otherwise we fall prey to propaganda as well.

v6,
boNes
Hammer

Re: F-14B: Defend the Fleet

Post by Hammer »

even our own media is full if it (uh, propaganda that is).
Helmut