Monday Night Session - F-14B Bombcat

Post AAR's and video footage of missions and sorties here.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Monday Night Session - F-14B Bombcat

Post by Bones »

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Re: Monday Night Session - F-14B Bombcat

Post by Bones »

Round 2

How that MiG-21 can outrun me at the end even though I've got low fuel, no missiles, am nose down, and in full burner, I'll never know...

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

So I confirmed that I *did* drop all 8 bombs on the power plant, and 4 of them actually hit the plant. For some reason, the last 4 didn't accurately track the laser. This video shows the bombs dropping... left-side was recorded live last night, right side is the Tacview. I slowed it down to show frame-by-frame where you can see the first 4 bombs all hit close together in the same spot, and you can see at least 3 craters to the north of the plant from the 4 that missed. No idea why the last 4 missed. I am going to try some testing and increase the interval to see if that improves the probability of all 8 hitting the target.

Bones

Post by Bones »

That's some really great video editing...what platform did you use?

Too bad you didn't have video of me bombing myself with the GBUs--but I'm glad I survived. For those windering what I'm talking about, I released my Tomcat's bombs while doing a negative g pushover in an attempt to get the CCIP pipper on target better, so my fuselage actually collided with my GBU and if detonated, I would have killed myself.

Thanks for softening the powerplant up for my Bombcat!

v6,
boNes
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

huh? what? i have NEVER done that in the Mirage! PDT_Armataz_01_23 PDT_Armataz_01_22
Helmut
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Bones wrote:
01 Mar 2022, 10:22
That's some really great video editing...what platform did you use?
I used Pinnacle Studio 21. I can't really recommend it. It's painful to use and crashes a lot. Pinnacle comes out with a new version literally every year, and they have made it a lot worse. There are never any new patches, only complete new versions that you have to buy. No idea what the current version looks like, but I hate the changes the made between version 15 and 21. They made it so much harder to use. It also crashes on me constantly. I had no less than 4 crashes editing this short 50 second video.
Bones wrote:
01 Mar 2022, 10:22
Too bad you didn't have video of me bombing myself with the GBUs--but I'm glad I survived.
I just checked, and sadly, I do not have video of it. I had stopped flying and so stopped the recording. It also doesn't show up on my Tacview, either. If we had Tacview setup on the server, it would be on the server's tacview file.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

of course tacview is set up on the server. PDT_Armataz_01_22
Helmut